Home

FIFA 15 Demo Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Demo Gameplay Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #17
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Gameplay Impressions

That being said, has anyone else had severe framerate issues with the demo? I just tried to load it up and I couldnt even play a game because it was so choppy. Im not sure whats going on. Some have speculated its what happens if you quit out of the initial game they drop you into
Old 09-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shocking reviews...do these two have any idea about FIFA or the sport in general? All they have done is name drop some new features - and said how every inclusion is good. They must work for EA.

My thoughts:
Defending is very hard - the defenders often fail to move in order and the midfield doesn't cover very well. Controlling a defender with a CPU player running at you is clunky and needs improvement.
The presentation, particularly the Premier League, is fantastic and mimics what we see on a weekend. The emotions are good as well, let's hope the don't get too repetitive.
The CPU still completes too many of their passes.
The goalies are good but they still have a few kinks to iron out. Long range shooting they stop everything but in close they don't even dive a lot of the time.
The graphics look sharp but the player models look weird. Hard to put my finger on what it is but they don't look like humans.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #19
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
I am a manual player, and it is annoying that some of the same things that hurt the fun of manual are still there. (Auto-switch on passes, auto moves to control a ball, lack of manual control of heading, lack of response for goalie commands.) But it does look nice, doesn't feel too fast either.
I hear you. Its disheartening when you change a setting so it read "full-manual, there will be no assistance" or the like, and there is assistance lol. I plan to use the money I was going to spend on NHL to buy PES this year also, so I will be playing both games.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMushroom22
Shocking reviews...do these two have any idea about FIFA or the sport in general? All they have done is name drop some new features - and said how every inclusion is good. They must work for EA.

My thoughts:
Defending is very hard - the defenders often fail to move in order and the midfield doesn't cover very well. Controlling a defender with a CPU player running at you is clunky and needs improvement.
The presentation, particularly the Premier League, is fantastic and mimics what we see on a weekend. The emotions are good as well, let's hope the don't get too repetitive.
The CPU still completes too many of their passes.
The goalies are good but they still have a few kinks to iron out. Long range shooting they stop everything but in close they don't even dive a lot of the time.
The graphics look sharp but the player models look weird. Hard to put my finger on what it is but they don't look like humans.
I thought I was the only one that thought the player models didn't look human.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #21
Rookie

mepting's Arena

Gameplay and presentation are outstanding, but what's up with the player models? They don't look human. All way too skinny....kind of stretched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #22
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Wasn't even thinking at all about purchasing the game, but played the demo and am now trying to figure out how to get money to buy it
Old 09-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #23
Just started!

I have go to admit I am a little bit disappointed. They have improved the presentation which is all well and nice, but the movement of players still hasn't changed. The players off the ball just don't make realistic runs. Which means you can set up your team in a certain formation that would normally work well against the opposition only for it to be really difficult simply because the players are either static are move into weird places. I've never seen a striker make a diagonal run between 2 centre backs. It's always a direct run at goal on the shoulder of the defender.

I'm not so sure I like the camera shake when you score a goal. If it was toned down a little it would work.

I like the new keeper animations, but sometimes it feels like they are just too good. I squared the ball to Gerrard on the edge of the box, screamed it top corner and Joe Hart does a full stretch dive instantly and catches the ball. No keeper in the world would catch that ball.

Close knit passing feels a lot better and it does feel like you have more control of the players, especially when taking a first touch.

Overall I do think it's an improvement and I will get it, but I wish they would look at the AI more and improve that next time.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 30
Admittedly 'burburgeoning fan' myself so I'm not as deeply and passionately into soccer as many of u but I have played virtually all Fifa demos, owned 2 Fifa games, and was really enjoying the Fifa 14 demo on my PS4. That said, I enjoy the 15 demo even more. Control feels tighter than 14. Visually, it's on par with 14 but whussup with the jaggies, at least on the PS4. Didn't notice jaggies on the 14 demo so this jumped out at me, immediately. Hope it's not iin the retail version because I plan on getting it.

As for ppl speaking on the player models, I have to admit that I felt similarly about them, as well. Hopefully in time EA will get that together but honestly, most games' player models don't look or move that humanly, as well, so we gotta think fairly about that. It's still a videogame and for me, it's very fun so I overlook that aspect because what's there suffices.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »