Home

FIFA 15 Demo Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Demo Gameplay Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #65
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Go slow. Not joking. Go slow. That was simply taking the CPU toward the end line and right before I cut I tapped LB to slow down and then just gently LS moved 90 degrees to my direction.

Think of LB as brakes in a racing game.

You just touch it here and there to "gather" your player to make a cut.
Nice, I'll experiment. That little change of direction / cut was so easy to do in FIFA '13 and I missed it a lot in FIFA '14 where it felt like even the fastest, most proficient dribblers were incapable of creating significant space dependably.

When you made the cut, did you also sprint?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #66
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Nice, I'll experiment. That little change of direction / cut was so easy to do in FIFA '13 and I missed it a lot in FIFA '14 where it felt like even the fastest, most proficient dribblers were incapable of creating significant space dependably.

When you made the cut, did you also sprint?
Nope. Sprint to me is an invitation for the CPU to toe poke it away.

Counter intuitively I have found in 15 the slower you go the more you can fool the CPU.

Just touching the sprint button seems to put the CPU on high alert. Even if you are sprinting back towards your goal.

Next match you play see how long you can go without using sprint. You can use it if you want to surge quickly into space. But beyond that try to lay off of it. See if you see what I see which is the CPU will back off and play more conservatively if you don't use it much.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #67
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Nope. Sprint to me is an invitation for the CPU to toe poke it away.

Counter intuitively I have found in 15 the slower you go the more you can fool the CPU.

Just touching the sprint button seems to put the CPU on high alert. Even if you are sprinting back towards your goal.

Next match you play see how long you can go without using sprint. You can use it if you want to surge quickly into space. But beyond that try to lay off of it. See if you see what I see which is the CPU will back off and play more conservatively if you don't use it much.
Nice. Yeah, it was more or less that way last year, too.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:25 PM   #68
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I'm super perplexed (vexed) by the defending in this demo.

I just played WC difficulty against Boca and they smoked me. Both contain and shoulder tackling have been majorly overhauled or at the very least, their effectiveness has been reduced.

Attacking feels pretty good for the most part, so I suppose FIFA 15 - going by the demo - might be the inverse of last year. It took me months to attack proficiently in FIFA 14.
Oh it has, and its absolutely for the better, once you get used to it. You can finally no longer just hold the X and RB buttons and magically shadow the best football players in the world. Its all about angles now, and patience, and spot use of the X and RB buttons. Its just so much more satisfying when you thwart a menacing attack by forcing an errant pass or a bad shot.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #69
Rookie

Benja190782's Arena

I don't know why people rage so much about the keepers in the Demo, because look a Ben Foster - keepers makes mistakes - yes there is some bugs with the keepers, as they sometimes freeze - but overall I'm really, really impressed with FIFA 15!

I just hope EA won't ruin it in the final build!

Can someone with Early Access clarify that the gameplay is not changed to something worse???
Old 09-14-2014, 05:48 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:

Funnily enough the way you described is how I've dribbled since those features have been in the game but I just played a game whilst consciously checking my sprint use and it's pretty amazing how much more you can get away with while doing it. I won vs Boca WC on pens, 1-1 AET, both goals scored in regulation. Of course I did better playing like I normally do as just before I read your post I had played a game against the same team and won 3-1 in regulation but then in that game I was passing more as I was simply playing how I like to play rather than testing how the game works so that could be a reason.

Thanks for the reminder on not overusing the sprint function.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #71
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Anybody else notice any lag on the PS4 version of the demo?

It looks like the game isn't fully optimized on this platform.

and I also agree with the defending in this demo. I'm perplexed as well, and getting destroyed.

Quote:
If the player switching system or the logic behind what player it selects was better it would be easier to control every single player on your team. Which would help. But that is it right there, too often you get zero help from your CPU controlled team mates.
and this is where Pro Evolution soccer is better. You can call a CPU controlled team mate to help with the defending.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 09-14-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #72
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
and this is where Pro Evolution soccer is better. You can call a CPU controlled team mate to help with the defending.
You can do this on FIFA too. RB/R1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »