Home

Questions regarding Career Mode and FIFA in general?

This is a discussion on Questions regarding Career Mode and FIFA in general? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
Questions regarding Career Mode and FIFA in general?

What's up guys, I've been getting heavily into soccer since the world cup and I'm beyond excited for this game to come out. I've started streaming Bayern Munich games since the season has started. I have owned every Madden the past 13 years but I traded in the last one and put the money down on FIFA 15 after playing the demo. I just have a few questions since I don't fully understand everything and I was hoping the community could help. I am either going to (A) start a career with the NY Red Bulls in the MLS or (B) start a career with a lower rated team in Bundesliga. I just want to know what the benefits are to each or basicly how this works?

(1) I know the transfer window is different for MLS but does that make it more difficult to acquire player? Also does the Red Bulls salary cap compare to any of the German teams?

(2) Can the MLS teams play in other tournaments? I know/think i can play the UEFA Champions and Europa league with teams in Bundsliga, right? Are there Tournaments for this side of the world, and how will those be effected with Brazilian leagues gone?

(3) Does relegation/promotion exist? Also can it happen to both teams? If so where do they go?

(4) How does the rookie system work. I know there is nothing like a draft or whatever. Do players just randomly appear and you fight to sign them or is there like a scouting thing until they become available. I very interested in how this works.

Thank you guys, I know its noobish but I just wanna know how everything works. If there is anything else you think I should know, please tell me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

Re: Questions regarding Career Mode and FIFA in general?

sorry 2 more.

(5) Can the salary of a team potentially rise? say the red bulls have 4 amazing seasons in a row, do they get more $?

(6) does the MLS all star game exist where I could play an elite European team?

thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I'll piggyback

Can I play international/world cup tournament in fifa 14 and/or 15 with all international teams/players represented?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
What's up guys, I've been getting heavily into soccer since the world cup and I'm beyond excited for this game to come out. I've started streaming Bayern Munich games since the season has started. I have owned every Madden the past 13 years but I traded in the last one and put the money down on FIFA 15 after playing the demo. I just have a few questions since I don't fully understand everything and I was hoping the community could help. I am either going to (A) start a career with the NY Red Bulls in the MLS or (B) start a career with a lower rated team in Bundesliga. I just want to know what the benefits are to each or basicly how this works?

(1) I know the transfer window is different for MLS but does that make it more difficult to acquire player? Also does the Red Bulls salary cap compare to any of the German teams?

(2) Can the MLS teams play in other tournaments? I know/think i can play the UEFA Champions and Europa league with teams in Bundsliga, right? Are there Tournaments for this side of the world, and how will those be effected with Brazilian leagues gone?

(3) Does relegation/promotion exist? Also can it happen to both teams? If so where do they go?

(4) How does the rookie system work. I know there is nothing like a draft or whatever. Do players just randomly appear and you fight to sign them or is there like a scouting thing until they become available. I very interested in how this works.

Thank you guys, I know its noobish but I just wanna know how everything works. If there is anything else you think I should know, please tell me.
Quote:
sorry 2 more.

(5) Can the salary of a team potentially rise? say the red bulls have 4 amazing seasons in a row, do they get more $?

(6) does the MLS all star game exist where I could play an elite European team?

thanks
1) the MLS acts like the european leagues in FIFA, there are no transfer rules and the windows are the same. Yes, you will have a transfer wages cap, that your board sets, which it can go up but the first year for the MLS, i believe it's like 3 million.

2) MLS plays in no foreign cups if I remember right. I am not sure if they have the cup where the MLS winner plays in With teams from mexico and south america. I haven't used an MLS team in years. So maybe someone else can answer this one. MLS is not apart of the champions league at all.

3) In the MLS there is no relegation or promotion they have no other tiers of leagues to relegate to.

4)They don't really have rookies. Your youth players just get called up, when you want to call them up.. Sure you can call their first season their rookie year, but I've never heard any one use the term rookie for a new player in soccer.

5) Yes, the better you do, your board will allocate more transfer budget money. You can also request more funds as well.

6) i don't think so. Again, I haven't played an MLS Career mode in a long time. I highly doubt it. The MLS is like AA baseball compared to the big leagues in europe.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #5
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
1) the MLS acts like the european leagues in FIFA, there are no transfer rules and the windows are the same. Yes, you will have a transfer wages cap, that your board sets, which it can go up but the first year for the MLS, i believe it's like 3 million.

2) MLS plays in no foreign cups if I remember right. I am not sure if they have the cup where the MLS winner plays in With teams from mexico and south america. I haven't used an MLS team in years. So maybe someone else can answer this one. MLS is not apart of the champions league at all.

3) In the MLS there is no relegation or promotion they have no other tiers of leagues to relegate to.

4)They don't really have rookies. Your youth players just get called up, when you want to call them up.. Sure you can call their first season their rookie year, but I've never heard any one use the term rookie for a new player in soccer.

5) Yes, the better you do, your board will allocate more transfer budget money. You can also request more funds as well.

6) i don't think so. Again, I haven't played an MLS Career mode in a long time. I highly doubt it. The MLS is like AA baseball compared to the big leagues in europe.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
What's up guys, I've been getting heavily into soccer since the world cup and I'm beyond excited for this game to come out. I've started streaming Bayern Munich games since the season has started. I have owned every Madden the past 13 years but I traded in the last one and put the money down on FIFA 15 after playing the demo. I just have a few questions since I don't fully understand everything and I was hoping the community could help.

It's amazing how many people are in this group. Myself included. I just upgraded my Directv package yesterday so that I now the NBCSN so I can watch more than 1 EPL game on the weekends!

I watched bits and pieces of 3 Champions League games last night that I recorded while at work--all while knowing the outcome (LOL).

Looking forward to starting a career with Arsenal! (and hopefully playing better than they are currently--yeesh)
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I'll piggyback

Can I play international/world cup tournament in fifa 14 and/or 15 with all international teams/players represented?
Yes you can, you will receive international job offers as you progress and the better you do the bigger the nation is that calls (I believe the bigger club you manage plays a role as well). I've only ever accepted European jobs as EA focuses mainly on that continent so they have the EUFA Cup (world cup style tourny for only Euro teams) and World Cup, they also have qualifiers and friendlies you can play.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

How are international squads chosen? If you are manager of a certain international squad--do you select the squad?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »