Home

Serie A in 2016?

This is a discussion on Serie A in 2016? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #25
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Serie A in 2016?

I would like La Liga to have exclusivity next year, the league is getting much more competitive no more 2 team race for the title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #26
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0

Bundesliga would be my guess of the 2. Germany winning the world cup and just how good Bayern Munich is a lot of global attention. Now would be the time to capitalize
Old 09-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #27
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
I would like La Liga to have exclusivity next year, the league is getting much more competitive no more 2 team race for the title

Outside or just the league competition La Liga has been on average the #1 league based on the UEFA coefficient rankings. Last year they basically ran away with the scoring... As 3 teams were in the quarters fir champions league with an all La Liga championship and in Europa 2 teams made it to the quarters and again a la Liga champion. In 2011/12 they also ran away with in the rankings and were right behind Bundesliga in 2012/13 as both put 2 teams in the semis with an all Bundesliga final of champions.

La Liga has continually excelled at euro play in both euro cups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
Bundesliga would be my guess of the 2. Germany winning the world cup and just how good Bayern Munich is a lot of global attention. Now would be the time to capitalize

Honestly, Spain just went on the greatest 4 year runs between the 2008 euro, 2010 WC and 2012 Euro. Real Madrid being the #1 most valuable franchise, Barca being #2 and them having the 2 most recognizable players in the world.

I'd say la Liga deserves the BPL treatment next. Bayern has even come out and said they need to grow they name like Real and Barca have done every summer.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #28
Rookie

Serie A in 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadley
No one cares about Italy. They are even below Portugal and France, they time of the Italian League is over. When was the last time a Italian Team was in the CL-Semis? 2004?
EPL > Bundesliga/Spanish League > Portugal > France > Italy
Your ignorance amazes me sir. You clearly haven't watched a single Serie A game or better, a single football game, in your life, or you would know how competitive Italian football really is. There is no money in Italian football right now, that I agree, but if you exclude the first 2-3 top clubs in England,Spain,France,Germany, who have huge amounts of cash to buy top players, and you compare the rest, you are gonna find out that Serie A is a much better league than you'd think.

P.S. Inter won CL in 2010 with Mourinho

Last edited by abadguy; 09-29-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #29
Rookie

Everyone here is assuming EA would choose to this for leagues based on how good they are. However if a league like MLS, or any other one that wanted extra exposure approached EA with some cash in hand, you can bet that would be the next league to be done.

With that said I think it would be smart for an up and coming league like MLS to pay to make this happen, as long as the money was reasonable.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #30
Just started!

First and foremost, EA needs to get the rights to the Champions League from Konami.

In terms of which league needs the special treatment next year, it should be La Liga. San Mamés, Mestalla, and Pizjuán need to be in the game.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #31
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadguy
Your ignorance amazes me sir. You clearly haven't watched a single Serie A game or better, a single football game, in your life, or you would know how competitive Italian football really is. There is no money in Italian football right now, that I agree, but if you exclude the first 2-3 top clubs in England,Spain,France,Germany, who have huge amounts of cash to buy top players, and you compare the rest, you are gonna find out that Serie A is a much better league than you'd think.

P.S. Inter won CL in 2010 with Mourinho
I agree that his post was a bit harsh on Serie A but I'd say you are going a bit the other direction... you just cannot lump La Liga in with the Bundesliga and BPL. La Liga has produced more finalists in Champions and Europa cup finals than any league and it isn't even close.

I'll remove the top 3 from each league since the 1999-2000 season and La Liga has produced 9 teams in the finals between the two EUFA cups. the next closest is the BPL with 2, Budesliga 1, Serie A 0... including the top 3 teams for every league except La Liga - BPL at 10(2 non-top3, 8 top-3 teams), Bundesliga at 6 (1 above, 5 from top 3 teams), Serie A at 5(all 5 are top 3 teams). and if you throw in the top 3 for La Liga it is a joke at 18 teams in finals, with 4 times having La Liga finals in the cup final.

btw you also forgot that AC Milan won it in 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdizzy42
Everyone here is assuming EA would choose to this for leagues based on how good they are. However if a league like MLS, or any other one that wanted extra exposure approached EA with some cash in hand, you can bet that would be the next league to be done.

With that said I think it would be smart for an up and coming league like MLS to pay to make this happen, as long as the money was reasonable.
they picked the BPL because they are the most marketable league in the world right now, not because they are flat out hte best. they are one of the best leagues but they have the best marketing, advertising, broadcast plans and recognition as the "EPL/BPL"

honestly if the MLS threw money at FIFA it would take a ton more than they have and could offer in comparison to any of the EUFA leagues.

FIFA isn't hurting for cash nor is EA, that gives them the ability to pick. look at the launch back when this was FIFA international football... the US division of EA wanted to name it team USA soccer... everyone knows that the US is a drop in the bucket compared to what this title sells worldwide. asians, euros and everyone else doesn't give 2 flips about FC Dallas, they want the Euro teams and are ok with their leagues at least getting treatment like the korean, saudi, Turkish, MLS and other small leagues that are at least in the game with real kits and players.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »