Home

FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #401
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
In a way, this is still good news, hopefully. Maybe this means teams that do play more like Barcelona can do short passes (even if it's a high %), but other teams will now respond to their custom tactics and pass it long, and cross it more often.

How low did you have it when they were completing all of their passes? Maybe we just need to find the butter zone, and maybe that's closer to default?

Very interesting indeed!
I had it set at 8.

I was thinking about trying another game (outside of my career mode this time, haha) where it is set at 25 or 30.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #402
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Hopefully one problem won't beget another, lol.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #403
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I just tried lowering CPU Pass Error. I'm managing Sweden's national team in my CM, and I'm playing Northern Ireland.

I like the way lowering the slider makes them behave, but they are pinging passes all over the place like they are Barcelona. Backheels, perfectly placed passes between defenders.

Just for the hell of it I raised the slider up to 90 about halfway through the game, and it does make them just dribble around a hell of a lot more, but there was obviously a lot more variety in their passing. It wasn't all perfect. I wish there was a way to make the CPU play like the Pass Error slider is at 8, which is what I had it at initially, but then still have their passing be not so pinpoint.

edit: Might try raising their first touch error a little. Maybe they'd at least receive the passes a little sloppier. Kind of a band-aid fix, but it might be worth a try.

Northern Ireland finished that game with 90% pass accuracy. Even when they played for 15-20 minutes with the pass error slider up at 90.
The only success I've had reducing the CPU pass%, no matter what the pass error slider is set at is to play conservative, well positioned defense. Keep your shape, don't drag players out of position via ball chasing, lot's of player switching, manual control and move a central mid player back to protect the back line and cut off passing lanes. You have to concede possession to the CPU, but I've found that if I'm patient eventually you will force the CPU into making a bad pass. And at the end of a match even when I feel like the CPU was "overly" accurate, lot's of times their comp% will be <80%.

Line sliders help a lot also IMO, as you can create more congestion in the MF area, meaning less space to make perfect passes to wide open teammates. Increasing the 1st touch error slider helps, as they will often mishandle a pass and not be able to play that immediate ping pong game, and you'll create more changes in possession. HUM Marking also helps, but I haven't found the sweet spot yet. HUM/CPU pass speed=40 also feels pretty natural, and the slower passes allows for you to cut the lanes more easily.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #404
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Are we all talking about the PC version?
Old 10-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #405
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for the tips, Hutton.

I suppose I will have to train myself to stay in position and concede possession instead of trying to win the ball back immediately, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
Are we all talking about the PC version?
No, I'm on XB1.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #406
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Thanks for the tips, Hutton.

I suppose I will have to train myself to stay in position and concede.
This is a massive problem for me as well. I'm so used to old FIFA's where you could just spam RB and chase/pressure the heck out of the ball, and lunge in with tackle attempts all day long to great effect.

That doesn't work for me in '15. Patience is key. I'm still struggling with it. Old habits die hard. I'll play a solid 20 minutes, then start to ball chase & it all goes downhill fast.

You are rewarded far more in '15 for playing conservative defense. Instead of actively trying to win the ball the game rewards you for sitting back and forcing an error from the CPU attack. The problem lies in the fact that poor teams still make great decisions with the ball, making it extra difficult to patiently wait for Accrington Stanley to make a mistake when playing as Spurs. It should be far easier to cut the passing lanes and regain possession against a lower league side, instead they also have the skill to attack deep into the final third (too much of the game in FIFA is played in the final 2/3rds).
Old 10-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #407
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
So these findings wasnt so good as you first thought?
The problem is that EA provides some sliders that globally affect each team in the game. "What did you expect?", you may ask. "The same applies to 2k sliders". Here comes the biggest problem: Messing with the slider overrides the whole team build up approach. Nobody from EA ever cared to explain in depth how each slider works.
I have seen all all the parameters of the cl.ini. We're talking about dozens of "microsliders" and hidden cpu AI parameters which are all harcoded in the console version. So, even if you change a slider in the menu that EA provides ingame you have behind it a whole spreadsheet of individual sliders that you can't change and are more important than the one you've changed ingame.
That said, pc users are lucky that have access to all those microsliders and can leave intact on default most of the ingame sliders.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #408
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
The problem is that EA provides some sliders that globally affect each team in the game. "What did you expect?", you may ask. "The same applies to 2k sliders". Here comes the biggest problem: Messing with the slider overrides the whole team build up approach. Nobody from EA ever cared to explain in depth how each slider works.
I have seen all all the parameters of the cl.ini. We're talking about dozens of "microsliders" and hidden cpu AI parameters which are all harcoded in the console version. So, even if you change a slider in the menu that EA provides ingame you have behind it a whole spreadsheet of individual sliders that you can't change and are more important than the one you've changed ingame.
That said, pc users are lucky that have access to all those microsliders and can leave intact on default most of the ingame sliders.
Fear,

Based on the contents of the .ini file, is there any way to discern which level is designed to best represent the ratings of the players and team tendencies/tactics?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »