Home

FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #65
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubzer0x
One thing that is weird that I found out is that when your in a career mode game and they give you an update for another game, they say the man is there, so how can he be in all those places at one time???
LOL. They actually tell you the name of the scorer this year underneath the game score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #66
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
One thing that is weird that I found out is that when your in a career mode game and they give you an update for another game, they say the man is there, so how can he be in all those places at one time???
Heh. He's not actually IN those places at the same time.

Tyler will say something like "We go over to Alan McInally, with an update from Anfield."

The update is from Anfield, but it can be assumed that McInally is in a studio somewhere, watching all the games

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've downloaded it from the PSN store after it preloaded (worked seemlessly) and I love this game. It's way better than last year on next gen. Looks really great as well. Fifa did their thing.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #68
Rookie

xSubzer0x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Heh. He's not actually IN those places at the same time.

Tyler will say something like "We go over to Alan McInally, with an update from Anfield."

The update is from Anfield, but it can be assumed that McInally is in a studio somewhere, watching all the games
I thought about it that way too. Lol.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is anyone else getting a huge amount of lag? Had to mutual quit two games just now, was really lagging. Even the menus were lagging. I'm on PS4

Last edited by ajs41072; 09-23-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: on PS4
Old 09-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #70
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Haha!

Anybody else having trouble scoring from outside the box? Only scored one goal from outside the box yet in like 10 matches... With Giroud of all people. I'm a full manual player by the way.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #71
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

15 is a lot of fun if you like highlight-reel football and near-constant end-to-end action, but the AI and the defending are big issues for me, and though visually 15 is more realistic, gameplay seems to have regressed in the realism department.

The backline defensive AI - one of, if not the, biggest issues in 14 - has been improved, but it's still really, really easy to create breakaways, and one-on-ones with the keeper (I'm playing on World Class atm). This is only exacerbated by the improvements to dribbling - playing with Dortmund and Kagawa is ripping people to shreds like he's Messi.

Then the entire defensive system is a mess, and yet the funny thing is it's not all that hard to defend against the CPU because a) the CPU attacking AI still makes bone-headed decisions and b) EA have added a massive amount of error to CPU shot accuracy. So while one-on-one defending is worse than in 14, it's actually easier to keep clean sheets than before.

I'm also really not a fan of these super-skinny player models, while the lack of effort that went into CM this year is a big letdown.

Maybe tomorrow will be different for me but today's experience has not left a good taste in my mouth with FIFA 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #72
Rookie

tjung0831's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
15 is a lot of fun if you like highlight-reel football and near-constant end-to-end action, but the AI and the defending are big issues for me, and though visually 15 is more realistic, gameplay seems to have regressed in the realism department.

The backline defensive AI - one of, if not the, biggest issues in 14 - has been improved, but it's still really, really easy to create breakaways, and one-on-ones with the keeper (I'm playing on World Class atm). This is only exacerbated by the improvements to dribbling - playing with Dortmund and Kagawa is ripping people to shreds like he's Messi.

Then the entire defensive system is a mess, and yet the funny thing is it's not all that hard to defend against the CPU because a) the CPU attacking AI still makes bone-headed decisions and b) EA have added a massive amount of error to CPU shot accuracy. So while one-on-one defending is worse than in 14, it's actually easier to keep clean sheets than before.

I'm also really not a fan of these super-skinny player models, while the lack of effort that went into CM this year is a big letdown.

Maybe tomorrow will be different for me but today's experience has not left a good taste in my mouth with FIFA 15.
Fun factor is off the charts to me.....game is great. I'm sure sliders will fix your issues and while I think eventually I will tighten it up I'm having a great time with it right out of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »