Home

FIFA 15 Looks To Be A Winner

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Looks To Be A Winner within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Looks To Be A Winner

I was always expecting to buy Fifa 15, but now after the fact, and at $70CDN, I'm starting to regret the purchase. When I'm playing 15, I feel the same as I did with 14. For the amount of stuff that largely went unchanged, $70 is a bit much for this upgrade. Dribbling/control is nice, and there's some good changes here and there in gameplay... but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of changes amounted to the equivalent of slider adjustments. This could've been DLC.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Inexplicably no anti-aliasing (on PS4 at least) so it looks worse than FIFA 14. This better get fixed STAT!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #11
Rookie

It's excellent IMO but the atrocious overscan issue on PS4 is irritating. I'm sure they'll fix that but right now it's annoying! The game looks zoomed in, which is incorrect for anyone running full pixel 1080p on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 01:53 AM   #12
Rookie

thechef128's Arena

It went from hard as hell to score in the demo, to being able to score on literally any shot u want. The game runs smooth but it's like the gave the offense an upgrade and downgrades the defense. Hopefully an update can fix this
Old 09-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8
I haven't noticed the overscan issue. My only complaint so far is they seemed to have neutered the practice area where you can only do one-on-one against the keeper. The set pieces and scrimmages seem inexplicably to have been removed. (If they had done such a thing to Madden there would be pitchforks and torches coming out)
Old 09-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #14
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
I had a lotta fun playing this last night, bravo EA!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #15
Rookie

"The idea is that players all have a relationship with each other and that the presentation package will help articulate those moments"

"I thought it was interesting that you can share these concept squads, and other users can give feedback on your potential lineup"

"Now shots will drift and sail appropriately if you apply too much power, and I’ve just seen a lot more variety in the shots and goals"

This FIFA sounds like EVERYTHING I want in a 2015 sports game. It's a shame I'm not at all a Soccer fan. If I find another reason to buy a PS4, I might give this a try anyway, if it really is this good.

Should I be hesitant to buy FIFA new from EA, after the efforts they put forth on NHL and Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: FIFA 15 Looks To Be A Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAC
"The idea is that players all have a relationship with each other and that the presentation package will help articulate those moments"

"I thought it was interesting that you can share these concept squads, and other users can give feedback on your potential lineup"

"Now shots will drift and sail appropriately if you apply too much power, and I’ve just seen a lot more variety in the shots and goals"

This FIFA sounds like EVERYTHING I want in a 2015 sports game. It's a shame I'm not at all a Soccer fan. If I find another reason to buy a PS4, I might give this a try anyway, if it really is this good.

Should I be hesitant to buy FIFA new from EA, after the efforts they put forth on NHL and Madden?
From playing the demo and reading all of the new features in the game. NO!!!! I think it is definitely worth the $60 US for the game. Even if you are still playing on the PS3 or 360, like me. I was surprised at how similar the games are compared to the other EA titles meaning Madden and NHL. Like if you look at Madden on last gen there is no tackle cone, no defensive player lock. But from what I have read on last gen for FIFA we get the BPL presentation upgrade, more free kicks/fouls, & the new team sheets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »