Home

what team are you using and why?

This is a discussion on what team are you using and why? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
what team are you using and why?

I normally take a team from league 2 and work on getting them up the the premier league or take a small obscure team from Holland or something and work them into powerhouses. I just can't get over the epl's different stadium options, so now I'm using crystal palace instead, but feel like im cheating myself almost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: what team are you using and why?

Manchester City.

Started about Fifa 10 i believe. I've never been a big soccer fan until around that year. I have a ton of friends who always played Fifa so i got the game to play with them.

At the time, I picked Man City because they had the most money. Now i did not use that money to buy the best players, i used it to buy some people I've heard of, as like i said, I wasn't a big soccer fan so I wanted at least some players I've heard of.

Throughout the years starting with 10 and using City I just got used to the players from my season and Now i tend to watch them when they are on TV here.

I usually start my first season every year with City.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #3
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Chelsea, because Drogba is back. I had been using Galatasaray for the past few years.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 09-24-2014, 01:40 AM   #4
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
I normally take a team from league 2 and work on getting them up the the premier league or take a small obscure team from Holland or something and work them into powerhouses. I just can't get over the epl's different stadium options, so now I'm using crystal palace instead, but feel like im cheating myself almost.
Yeah I'm the same. I usually take Nottingham Forest and get them into the prem and go from there ... but the epl this year looks too good to refuse.

might go with Burnley straight into the prem. Their ground 'Turf Moor' hasta be the best sounding ground in the world. lol
Old 09-24-2014, 01:43 AM   #5
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Chelsea because they have been my favorite team for 6+ years and I started liking them since they were the first professional football team I ever saw on TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 01:48 AM   #6
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Settled on Liverpool as my first main MM team.

I like their youth + they still need to develop some guys and arent a massive powerhouse with 83+s all over the pitch.

Going to try and see how many trophies I can win in three years with them, then Ill probably move on to another team outside the Prem (looking at Italy).

Other than that I also plan on trying Swansea out, as well as taking a chance at promoting a side like Nottingham Forest
Old 09-24-2014, 03:27 AM   #7
Rookie

CEAZY's Arena

OVR: 0

I started out with Hull City, Iv always had a little crush on Hull they play a good style of football. The reason i'm using them is because they signed a bunch of quality players on loan this year (Ramirez, Ben Arfa) and they are in the Euro Cup this year, so i get to play European football while trying to build a quality team. I turn the first transfer window off so i can keep the start of the season realistic to how it is in real life, and i will be looking to get some help when the january transfer window comes around. Feels like its going to be a top class career mode with them, but i will be heading back to London to start a career mode with my blues at some point.

Last edited by CEAZY; 09-24-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Johnson0311's Arena

OVR: 1

Chelsea for sure. Hard not to pick a premier league team with all the new improvements that focus on the EPL.

Hopefully next year they will improve the MLS teams and stadiums.

I used to work my way up from a low level squad but now I want to be a wealthy dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »