Home

What are your house rules for Manager Mode?

This is a discussion on What are your house rules for Manager Mode? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What are your house rules for Manager Mode?

I treat every injury as if it's serious enough to force the player out for the game. If someone takes a knock in the first minute I'll sub him out. I can never seem to get injury sliders how I like them, so this is the easiest way for me to have to waste subs early in a match and possibly screw with my game plan.

I also refuse to play anybody who is carrying an injury into the match. This forces me to have a deep squad and play formations and tactics that are out of my usual style. Maybe these things are different in '15 than they were in older versions...probably not, but we'll see.

I also have a house rule for transfers or players returning from long injuries: I won't use someone as more than a late sub for a game or two because they wouldn't be fit in real life. I'm not running my star striker out there for a full 90 if he's just coming off a 2-month injury.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #10
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What are your house rules for Manager Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman_OS
I think ZO posted some of his guidelines somewhere, they were pretty good.
Some house rules I started using late into 14.
  1. Never allowed to buy more than 3 players a season.
  2. Players over 30 get sold, if they don't sell I try to loan.
  3. Any player with high demand from big teams that offer big money get sold. No exceptions, everyone is for sale for the right price.
  4. Only allowed to bring up 4 youth players a year. 5 if one is a GK. Only allowed to keep 2 on the roster for next season. Cut or sell. If loaned they get another year to prove themselves on the team.
  5. No starting 11 player can play in a cup game before the quarter finals, unless if necessary due to small roster or injury. And then they are subs, not starters.
  6. If on a 5 game winning streak. Next game must be simulated.
  7. If a player gets a red card, they will miss three games. I add two games myself to the suspension. If a player gets a suspension due to yellow build up, they miss 3 games also.
  8. Captain is always a defender or mid. Never a GK or ST. Its rotated based on performance every five games.
  9. Any player that creates a buzz about themselves in the media about being unhappy or missing home, regardless of the usual turn around that they will stay, gets traded. I don't have time for your look at me nonsense. This is a team.
  10. If a player is injured, but able to play. I will not play him. Just because the team doctor wants to see him get hurt again, I don't. He sits out until 100%. And if a starter, usually comes in as a sub in his first game back before going into the starting spot again. Unless when the next rule comes into effect.
  11. If the sub of an injured player does very well while filling, he may not concede the role back tot he starter. Unless his performance starts to decline or the old starter outperforms him as a sub.
  12. No starting spot is guaranteed. Your OVR means nothing. Its all about performance. You fail to score a goal in 8 games as ST, you will be benched. You give up a few game losing goals on the back line, you will be benched.
#7 will most likely be removed. As red cards are going to be handed out much more in 15. So I probably wont hand out extra punishment for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »