Home

FIFA 15 First Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 First Impressions Roundtable within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #9
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

OVR: 2
i respect every kind of experience everyone wants to have and it is up to you.
even PES imo is not delivering something complete yet, but again, is up to you deciding what you want to see in a soccer game.
i am italian, born an raised watching soccer since 28 years, and i can tell you that what FIFA brings to the table is something far from real soccer while in my opinion PES is quite near the kind of simulation i like.

sometimes i just think FIFA is too "arcade" for me ... not sayin it is a bad game at all.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #10
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 First Impressions Roundtable

this game is amazing ...every aspect of it graphics physics atmosphere gameplay a.I just everything ..there are some little headnodders here n there like sideline balls are easy to get or catch up to but the player always too late or makes this jogg animation or weird sliding but too much balls go over the side line wich are normally easy to get ...started a career with real just to see the world class gameplay and im 5-2-0 in liga bbva and 1-0-1 in champions league ..game plays like reallife games all players are a good mimic ..I played pes too but cmon pes could not never hang with fifa period.best fifa so far !!
Old 09-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgoosy
sometimes i just think FIFA is too "arcade" for me ... not sayin it is a bad game at all.
I understand, but both games are arcade. Most people ask but in reality many would not like a true simulation of the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #12
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm certainly no EA fanboy, but the PES15 demo on xb1 was hot, steamy garbage compared to FIFA'15.

FIFA has it's share of issues, but at least I don't get a headache from staring at washed out graphics that look PS3 level. And the movement in PES15 feel like you are on "rails", only able to move 8 different directions. I don't want to bash PES because I respect what they have done in the past (Winning Eleven 7 is still one of the best footy games I've played), but FIFA is light years ahead of PES currently.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
Rookie

ISS/Winning Eleven 2002 ps1, Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution ps2, Fifa 10 / WC 2010 ps3/xbox360. THe games that were real revolution considering football simulatons. Everything else is pretty much not worth mentioning at all (PES 6 and Fifa 12 are ridiculously overrated).

Since EA left behind fantastic NG engine which had amazing animations and great ball control physics with real 360 movement and invented "impact" engine which they now are trying to convert to "ignite", FIFA lost it's connection with real football. Imact/ignite engine fails to bring that natural feel like it is actually a game of football although they are really trying,,, This year the ball physics for shooting is amazing, but when u look at ball control and passing, the old impact engine problems are still there... Passing and runing animations are just not natural and it is a game killer for every real football fan.

Konami on the other side, since ps1 and ps2 games mentioned at the begining of my post, didn't do anything good. PES 6 and everything else Konami did after that was simply ********, i cannot describe how awful physycis and animations were, that basic feel of football was simply not existing in their games. Fox enigne last year changed that, but PES 14 was not finished, it was full of bugs and ******** AI, the game was unplayable. PES 15 is finished and playable PES 14, but there is only slight improvement of animations and shooting ball physics, and I expected they will finally make a hard effort about their game and complete one. I guess that may happen in 5 years, maybe... But Fox engine has the potential, noone can doubt that.

So in year 2014-2015, we still can't get a football game which has real life animations and physics? WTF?

Football/soccer is not like american football (which I am a big big fan) or hockey, you cannot have the same aproach to this simulation because there is much more finesse things you have to worry about and deliver it the right way... This is what I'm talking about, this is real football: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ACUzCCza8
Old 09-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
Rookie

I wish people would leave behind the notion that pes is about simulation and FIFA is arcade, I read this repeatedly over and over and some people start to believe it. I think it all depends on how you play the game. I am not a big fan of either games and in fact I alternate between the two. In some cases I see the opposite is true. This year's fifa is a great improvement imo and it does capture the essence of the game in many ways.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkhalil
I wish people would leave behind the notion that pes is about simulation and FIFA is arcade.......
I agree! There is that old adage. Tell a lie long enough and people start to believe it. The only thing that came close to any true sports sim I have ever played was MLB the show. I loved NFL 2K and many people called Madden arcade, but to be honest NFL 2K was not a true sim of the sport of football either. I think it is just popular calling ANY EA sports game arcade. It's pretty silly punishing a video game for not being a sim :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »