Home

How hard is it to pick up and play for the first time?

This is a discussion on How hard is it to pick up and play for the first time? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How hard is it to pick up and play for the first time?

looking for an honest opinion. I don't watch soccer, don't follow it but the game looks great and I hate Madden now, and NHL was a let down, so how hard is it to pick up and play with sliders and have a shot at winning some games or at least playing good ones. off line player mostly

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How hard is it to pick up and play for the first time?

It's as easy as it gets IMO. Basically, you pass and shoot the ball and expand from there. Eventually you'll want to learn about tactics, formations, set pieces, etc., but for starters it's the simplest team-oriented sports game out there.

As for game difficulty, if you're playing offline you can start with Beginner and work your way up, although if you've had any previous experience with sports games it will probably end up way too easy for you. On Beginner, the CPU offense lets you steal the ball off their foot and the defense parts like the Red Sea every time you run the ball up the middle.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Very easy, set the difficulty to low and go at it. This is how I learned soccer, playing FIFA for years, this is the first year I am playing full manual on World Class and it's crazy hard (at least for me). Also this game has a trainer, like Madden, where it will show you have to do shots, passes, defense and dribbling.
Even if you don't watch soccer I highly recommend FIFA, hours of entertainment and so many different things to do as far as leagues/cups go.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

If you want to actually get good, which I think you need to if you want to enjoy the beautiful game of soccer, then go through all the skill games included in the game. It's a really great way to get used to the controls.

Otherwise you'll just be using shot, pass, cross, throughball and sprint - which gets boring.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:40 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

gents thank you! about to digitally down load and go

i appreciate the help, that's why i am loyal and love these forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

i think it varies. yes if you start out on the easiest lvl you will have a very easy time learning the mechanics. i should say the game will give you leeway and let you do what you are trying to do. but there are a few scripted moments that can catch you off guard.
now when you start moving up to semi pro and pro, ect. things can get hairy as a new player. you may start getting frustrated but the games are more realistic and fun when you can pull off a win.
online i suggest getting out of the way quickly. just so you can see what you are dealing with. online can be a bitch for new players.
do the games difficulty varies from easy to im going to break my joystick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »