Home

Cannot beat anyone off the dribble in one-on-ones

This is a discussion on Cannot beat anyone off the dribble in one-on-ones within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Cannot beat anyone off the dribble in one-on-ones

Anyone have advice for how to get better at using skill moves or something else to beat players one on one? I am really struggling to move the ball at all in the middle of the field in the forward third because anytime I cannot get past any defender.

I try to do the skill moves but I just lose the ball every time. Not looking for a gimmick move that works 100%, but something that at least gives me options other than having to pass back. Would be fun to make a move on a defender at least once in a while.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cannot beat anyone off the dribble in one-on-ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Anyone have advice for how to get better at using skill moves or something else to beat players one on one? I am really struggling to move the ball at all in the middle of the field in the forward third because anytime I cannot get past any defender.

I try to do the skill moves but I just lose the ball every time. Not looking for a gimmick move that works 100%, but something that at least gives me options other than having to pass back. Would be fun to make a move on a defender at least once in a while.
Practice a lot. I tend to do some step overs and mcgeady spins along with spins and ronaldo chops and they work but not always. Practice makes it easier. Sometimes I can pull off a rainbow here and there...Heel toe works great for me. Also try holding off the defender w LT or L2 and not sprinting so much..at midfield you should rarely sprint and worry bout keeping the ball close. hold LB, L1 to dribble precisely....But just like pro clubs, STAY OFF THE SPRINT! lol
Old 09-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I like using the fake shot move. Hold B like you're taking a shot, but quickly tap A and hold a direction on the d pad before you contact the ball.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 10-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's all about timing. Do it before you think you have to do it. That's my problem, I try and do it too late and run into the player. Any skill move that fakes one direction then goes the other works well (or fake kick).

There's a skill arena, advanced shooting I think, which is great for practising skill moves. It gives you the ball in their half and puts you against 1, 2, or 3 opposing team players. You have to get past and score against the keeper. Sometimes it gives you 1 or 2 team mates to help as well.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Anyone have advice for how to get better at using skill moves or something else to beat players one on one..........
I don't use nor do I like skill moves. I just use old fashion tactics of beating my opponents by anticipating. It looks so much more organic, so much more real. I play the computer the way he plays me and I like to play on the player's weak side, and I love turning defenders inside out as I eventually blow by them i.e. Welbeck for Arsenal is a beast on the field. He is my favorite player to use in the premiership. It doesn't always work just like in reality and it is not an often occurrence, but when it does. It is jaw dropping...Awwwwwwwesome! :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »