Home

World Cup In Manager Mode?

This is a discussion on World Cup In Manager Mode? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
World Cup In Manager Mode?

I'm getting offers in Manager Mode for International teams. I got one from England saying there goal if they hire me is to get to the World Cup Quarter Final so I'm wondering If I accept and if I qualify for the World Cup do I actually play in the tournament? Like do they have the tournament in manager mode?

If yes, man thats amazing this mode is so complete imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: World Cup In Manager Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
I'm getting offers in Manager Mode for International teams. I got one from England saying there goal if they hire me is to get to the World Cup Quarter Final so I'm wondering If I accept and if I qualify for the World Cup do I actually play in the tournament? Like do they have the tournament in manager mode?

If yes, man thats amazing this mode is so complete imo.
You do indeed get to play in the World Cup tourney, however it may be called WorldChampionship if it's a year that EA doesn.t have it licensed. It follows the same format though.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 09-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

But I am kind of worried that they may have screwed up the years/goals for the World Cup. The international contracts are year to year and my international goal in my first career year(2014-2015) is to make it to the quarter finals of the WC.

Of course the WC just completed prior to the 2014-2015 season, so there won't be a WC for me to coach in during this yearly contract. Technically that means I automatically fail the international goal.

It is going to stink if I get fired over something I have absolutely zero control over after buying the one time use "Coach Your Birth Nation International Team" perk off of the market.

Last edited by Zalf; 09-27-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Vodka Grammar.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Jellobiafra's Arena

OVR: 0

^^^ I noticed this also but I interpret it as you get a one year contract with possible extension with the ultimate goal of qualifying etc.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellobiafra
^^^ I noticed this also but I interpret it as you get a one year contract with possible extension with the ultimate goal of qualifying etc.
I hope so. It just feels weird that would basically mean I have a 4 year contract with only one back loaded goal. I am not sure what other international tournaments the career mode has this year so it could be only friendlies and WC so there really wouldn't be anything else to base it on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #6
Banned

Nabz's Arena

I'm sure they won't fire you for not reaching the goal, they do say you can get an extension but like it's sorta like when you take over for a big league club if you dont win the title the first year but your like in top 10 or top 5 you dont get fired.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

When it comes to what other the international board would base it on is how well you do in qualifying for the European championships in 2016 if you have a European country. For instance I accepted a contract with Wales and my goals are to qualify for each tournament, the World Cup and Euros. So I am guessing that my review will be based off of qualifiers and friendlies. Because I think that's the way it was in 14 but I don't remember.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #8
Banned

Nabz's Arena

Wow they have the Euro tournament in MM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »