Home

Last EA Sports title that I will purchase....

This is a discussion on Last EA Sports title that I will purchase.... within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Last EA Sports title that I will purchase....

After the Madden 15 debacle and now the laziness being shown in FIFA 15, I have officially bought my last EA sports title. It is ridiculous that career mode as a manager does not offer coach mode where you would only make subs and change tactics real time.

And before any of you talk about Football Manager let me just say that the gameplay and graphics does not support a purchase of that game, so don't even bring it up. There is ZERO reason to have a manager mode when you still have to play the game as a player, not a manager. How can PES get this right and not FIFA? The option should be there and the game feels like a reskin with a couple of additions, which is not good enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Last EA Sports title that I will purchase....

Just wondering but what is the fun in just doing that kinda coach mode stuff? Like you would pay 60bucks, or 70 in Canada, just to play coach mode? And maybe you should have found out from others on the forum if there was coach mode, not tryna piss you off just saying though.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
Just wondering but what is the fun in just doing that kinda coach mode stuff? Like you would pay 60bucks, or 70 in Canada, just to play coach mode? And maybe you should have found out from others on the forum if there was coach mode, not tryna piss you off just saying though.
I'll explain it, no problem. There are a number of players who have played FIFA for years and have gotten tired of playing the game as a player or controlling the full team when playing career mode as a manager.

The fun is doing all the transfers, searching for talent, setting up the team tactics, and seeing it play out on the pitch assuming the role of a manager. The manager controls the strategy, makes adjustments, and WATCHES the match. We already have multiple modes available to play the game controlling players and having a coach/manager mode available for matches, takes away nothing from the game. Hell, it makes it even better given how great the game looks.

I understand how some don't feel the need to have it, but the opinion means nothing if adding such a mode does not take anything away from what is already present. It is an addition, not a subtraction, so it only gives good things. Inexcusable to not have this in career mode as a manager. It makes it pointless to a certain extent since the option is not there. Only limits the game.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

That does kind of suck, sorry, man. I know it's no consolation, but the game does play a good CPU v CPU match. I use that for testing sliders actually.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

The player career has been the same for a few yrs now

with the same bugs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That does kind of suck, sorry, man. I know it's no consolation, but the game does play a good CPU v CPU match. I use that for testing sliders actually.
Yeah, it does and that also compounds the problem. Why limit the way we can play the game when offering a manager mode? Why not just have career mode as a player with the option to make manager decisions since we have to always have to control players when playing a match.

They have it in their NHL games, so I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Oh well, it is what it is, so I'll wait for PES 15.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

What's the Madden debacle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
What's the Madden debacle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much the same game being made each year with minor graphical enhancements and lacking the freedom that was present in Madden 12 with regards to franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »