Home

Understanding FUT Transfer Market

This is a discussion on Understanding FUT Transfer Market within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Understanding FUT Transfer Market

Even though I've been a long-time FIFA player this is my first year really doing anything with FUT. Not sure what took me so long but anyway...

I think I get most of the concepts but I'm not sure I really understand the Transfer Market. I know I can purchase players on the transfer market and I know I can sell them. I love the search feature so I can strategically pick my players.

But what I don't understand is this. I'm playing FUT offline. Is the Transfer Market online though?? When I list a player for sell, is a live person buying them? And if so, how does this work? I'm guessing you can't have the same player more than once on your FUT. So does it filter out players that you already own?

In other words - I think the thing that's tripping me up is that I realize that it's not possible to use a static pool of players to divide up between all FUT owners or else there wouldn't be enough to go around. So I'm confused as to how they manage having the same player duplicated across multiple teams?

Hopefully I'm being clear... just not quite getting how this is setup yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Understanding FUT Transfer Market

Let me give this a shot - you can play FUT offline, but yes, when you sell and buy, it's all online. Think of it as an auction house where other players buy and sell as they please.

In terms of how many cards of a player there are, I would assume that depends on rarity. You can tell rare players because the shade of the color code is different. Otherwise, the cards you get when you open a pack are random. I guess to answer the question, the number of a certain player's card depends on how many people got him in a pack. And yes, you can only have one card of one player

Hope this makes some sense but I know the others will explain better
Old 09-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
Let me give this a shot - you can play FUT offline, but yes, when you sell and buy, it's all online. Think of it as an auction house where other players buy and sell as they please.

In terms of how many cards of a player there are, I would assume that depends on rarity. You can tell rare players because the shade of the color code is different. Otherwise, the cards you get when you open a pack are random. I guess to answer the question, the number of a certain player's card depends on how many people got him in a pack. And yes, you can only have one card of one player

Thanks. I think you answered it well. If I understand it's kinda like when my brother and I collected baseball cards as a kid. The market value of certain cards depended on how many were in existence as well as how good the player was.

It's just sort of a foreign concept to me in sports video games because I think I originally envisioned a sort-of fantasy draft where you were playing with a fixed pool of players so that one player could only exist on one team.

But I suppose if you're playing online (or even offline??) that a player could exist on both teams in a single match? But a single player can't exist more than once on one team.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:26 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor

You can play single player but not offline... big difference. You have to be connected to the internet to play any FUT matches, single player or against someone.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

I have another FUT transfer market question...

How do you cancel a player bid you've made? There is a button there, but it can't be clicked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 11:29 PM   #6
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
I have another FUT transfer market question...

How do you cancel a player bid you've made? There is a button there, but it can't be clicked.
you cant, once the bid is made it stays unless you are outbid.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
you cant, once the bid is made it stays unless you are outbid.
OK, that's good to know. Thanks for responding.

This is the first time I've tried FUT and was messing around on the transfer market. I made a bid that I then realized didn't expire for several days and I wasn't sure I wanted the guy anyway. So now the $ are tied up. He'll go for higher than my bid, so at least I'll get the $ back eventually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »