Home

Settings For A Realistic Career Mode

This is a discussion on Settings For A Realistic Career Mode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Settings For A Realistic Career Mode

So I want to start a couple of careers in FIFA 15. One with Manchester United (my favourite team) and one with Nottingham Forest (which people voted for on here).

Before I get into it, I want to have the best settings for the most realistic career mode possible.

So with Notts Forest what would you recommend?

Difficulty Level - World Class - I play Professional and 9 times out of 10 win all the time.
Half Length - I’ve been playing 7 minutes and I like that.
Financial Strcitness - Here’s the main one for me, in past FIFA titles I’d just go Lenient. I did a test career with Strict to see how much money I’d get for transfers with Notts Forest, about £3,500,000 which, isn’t very much. Would Moderate be a better way to go for Forest?
And what would you guys recommend for United?

Now, Notts Forest fans what are some realistic transfers for the club? And what are areas of need for the club?
Jack Hunt is on a loan and I’ve heard Pearce wants to try and buy him. Personally, I’d like to bring back Nathaniel Chalobah. I think he’s a promising young player.

For the first couple seasons, I’d like to buy realistic players for the club. There’s no way in real life, Forest are going to go out and buy Bale, Ronaldo and Messi in the first season.
But someone like Sam Byram (who has great potential in FIFA 15) and Patrick Roberts, that’s more realistic.

I’d also like to bring the club back to the winning ways of one of the greatest football managers the world has ever seen in Brian Clough. So, using his managerial philosophy possessional football, I’d like to bring Forest back to the Premier League and compete in Europe.

Also thanks to user ZO on here, I’ll be using his list of house rules that he used for FIFA 14.

1. Never allowed to buy more than 3 players a season.
2. Players over 30 get sold, if they don't sell I try to loan.
3. Any player with high demand from big teams that offer big money get sold. No exceptions, everyone is for sale for the right price.
4. Only allowed to bring up 4 youth players a year. 5 if one is a GK. Only allowed to keep 2 on the roster for next season. Cut or sell. If loaned they get another year to prove themselves on the team.
5. No starting 11 player can play in a cup game before the quarter finals, unless if necessary due to small roster or injury. And then they are subs, not starters.
6. If on a 5 game winning streak. Next game must be simulated.
7. If a player gets a red card, they will miss three games. I add two games myself to the suspension. If a player gets a suspension due to yellow build up, they miss 3 games also.
8. Captain is always a defender or mid. Never a GK or ST. Its rotated based on performance every five games.
9. Any player that creates a buzz about themselves in the media about being unhappy or missing home, regardless of the usual turn around that they will stay, gets traded. I don't have time for your look at me nonsense. This is a team.

Any other ideas for settings for realism would be great! Or any general ideas for a great career mode.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Settings For A Realistic Career Mode

I think strict is the way to go personally, all strict does is give you 60% of the proceeds from player sales, whereas lenient gives you 100%
Old 09-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think Lenient is still only 75% or 80%.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I think strict is the way to go personally, all strict does is give you 60% of the proceeds from player sales, whereas lenient gives you 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis
I think Lenient is still only 75% or 80%.
I want to say off the top of my head it is @ 80%. But I am not positive.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBunch88
So I want to start a couple of careers in FIFA 15. One with Manchester United (my favourite team) and one with Nottingham Forest (which people voted for on here).

Before I get into it, I want to have the best settings for the most realistic career mode possible.

So with Notts Forest what would you recommend?

Difficulty Level - World Class - I play Professional and 9 times out of 10 win all the time.
Half Length - I’ve been playing 7 minutes and I like that.
Financial Strcitness - Here’s the main one for me, in past FIFA titles I’d just go Lenient. I did a test career with Strict to see how much money I’d get for transfers with Notts Forest, about £3,500,000 which, isn’t very much. Would Moderate be a better way to go for Forest?
And what would you guys recommend for United?

Now, Notts Forest fans what are some realistic transfers for the club? And what are areas of need for the club?
Jack Hunt is on a loan and I’ve heard Pearce wants to try and buy him. Personally, I’d like to bring back Nathaniel Chalobah. I think he’s a promising young player.

For the first couple seasons, I’d like to buy realistic players for the club. There’s no way in real life, Forest are going to go out and buy Bale, Ronaldo and Messi in the first season.
But someone like Sam Byram (who has great potential in FIFA 15) and Patrick Roberts, that’s more realistic.

I’d also like to bring the club back to the winning ways of one of the greatest football managers the world has ever seen in Brian Clough. So, using his managerial philosophy possessional football, I’d like to bring Forest back to the Premier League and compete in Europe.

Also thanks to user ZO on here, I’ll be using his list of house rules that he used for FIFA 14.

1. Never allowed to buy more than 3 players a season.
2. Players over 30 get sold, if they don't sell I try to loan.
3. Any player with high demand from big teams that offer big money get sold. No exceptions, everyone is for sale for the right price.
4. Only allowed to bring up 4 youth players a year. 5 if one is a GK. Only allowed to keep 2 on the roster for next season. Cut or sell. If loaned they get another year to prove themselves on the team.
5. No starting 11 player can play in a cup game before the quarter finals, unless if necessary due to small roster or injury. And then they are subs, not starters.
6. If on a 5 game winning streak. Next game must be simulated.
7. If a player gets a red card, they will miss three games. I add two games myself to the suspension. If a player gets a suspension due to yellow build up, they miss 3 games also.
8. Captain is always a defender or mid. Never a GK or ST. Its rotated based on performance every five games.
9. Any player that creates a buzz about themselves in the media about being unhappy or missing home, regardless of the usual turn around that they will stay, gets traded. I don't have time for your look at me nonsense. This is a team.

Any other ideas for settings for realism would be great! Or any general ideas for a great career mode.

Thanks.
Hi - as a Forest fan I thought I'd reply to this. First of all, a small gripe: please don't call us 'Notts Forest.' We really don't like it! When abbreviated we always use 'Nott'm Forest.'

I've also just started a career mode and have been looking for a right-back (to replace Jack Hunt who you mentioned), a centre half and goalkeeper (to replace the on-loan duo of Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow) and a striker.

I can't remember the names (am at work) but have found a goalie and CB rated around 70, and young with potential to grow, in the French league. They're both out of contract at the end of the season so I'm hoping to get them on frees for next year.

As a striker I'm looking at Mohammed Yattara, again in the French league. He's a fast good finisher and available at around £1m.

I've not got to the January window in my game yet (I had the first window turned off) but when I do I'll let you know how I get on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 07:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Chin2112's Arena

I don't understand your rule of anyone over 30 sell? 32/33 maybe but 30 year olds, I think that's too young.

Especially as CBs and GKs usually are in their prime years around that time.
Miami Marlins

PSN: PS4 - Chin2112
Old 10-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzromanov
Hi - as a Forest fan I thought I'd reply to this. First of all, a small gripe: please don't call us 'Notts Forest.' We really don't like it! When abbreviated we always use 'Nott'm Forest.'

I've also just started a career mode and have been looking for a right-back (to replace Jack Hunt who you mentioned), a centre half and goalkeeper (to replace the on-loan duo of Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow) and a striker.

I can't remember the names (am at work) but have found a goalie and CB rated around 70, and young with potential to grow, in the French league. They're both out of contract at the end of the season so I'm hoping to get them on frees for next year.

As a striker I'm looking at Mohammed Yattara, again in the French league. He's a fast good finisher and available at around £1m.

I've not got to the January window in my game yet (I had the first window turned off) but when I do I'll let you know how I get on.
Thanks! I'm from Mansfield in Nott'm ;-) So I should know better! Haha.

But thanks for your input, deffo keep me updated with your season!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #8
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin2112
I don't understand your rule of anyone over 30 sell? 32/33 maybe but 30 year olds, I think that's too young.

Especially as CBs and GKs usually are in their prime years around that time.
Yeah, these house rules were for FIFA 14. Now that EA have fixed the age issue (most players would drop off at a dramatic rate in '14 as soon as they hit 30/31). So I just need to tweak a few of them, but generally that's what I'll be using.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »