Home

Speed in the Youth Academy? And Physical stat progression?

This is a discussion on Speed in the Youth Academy? And Physical stat progression? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Speed in the Youth Academy? And Physical stat progression?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. But after playing through about 3 seasons, I have a youth academy full of pretty good 90+ potential players. My problem however, is that a lot of the attackers are very slow. Most of them come out with mid 60 in Sprint speed, acceleration, stamina and agility, while having very good technical skills. Also, the physical stats seem to not grow at all while the players improve in every other aspect. Will they ever grow physically? Most are between 17-20 still, but I've only seen one player gain a +2 in Acceleration. Also, is there any way to scout specifically for faster players? I think I remember reading somewhere that FIFA 14 having very fast LBs coming out of the youth academy, and I doubt EA changed anything if this were true. How would I go about finding this type of player?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Speed in the Youth Academy? And Physical stat progression?

There were some real oddities in the progression of physical stats. It kind of boiled down to them either advancing fine or not advancing at all for each individual player with no common reason why; or why not.

There were some pretty involved work arounds involving sending stuck players out on loan, call backs, and simming to see if they were unstuck. Some specific instructions to follow so you might want to look through the last gen academy thread.

Once I had my academy rolling and my roster seeded with young prospects I kept a spreadsheet. It included the estimated potential, overall growth, and a spot to indicate whether physical stats had been advancing. I would keep and play lower rated prospects that were advancing physically over higher rated players that were stuck and loan them out hoping it would help them. It wasn't as detailed; and probably not as effective; as the generally accepted fix but it was easier to keep up with.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
There were some real oddities in the progression of physical stats. I..

Thanks a ton for that information, really helpful.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
Rookie

Getting the right players into the academy is essential, because pace is such an important ability. I use this website as a guide for my youth academy:
http://www.fifascoutingtips.com/fifa-15-scouting-guide/

See Part 2 of their FIFA 15 guide, which is about targeting the right types of players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »