Home

Tactics?

This is a discussion on Tactics? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tactics?

just went on that stats link posted and based Arsenals tactics around it, we all know their default style is short tika taka slow build up but even Mourinho said at the weekend after the game Arsenal have changed and adapted their game slightly they move with more pace, dont press as much but still a fair bit and going by those stats they shoot more than any other team apart from chelsea they also give away alot of crosses to the opposition

so here what I put on world class default sliders apart from

shot accuracy 35/35
height 65/65
length 70/70
width 70/70
marking 60/60

arsenal tactics I made were

speed 50 - the stats say most of their play is medium speed
passing 27 - will always be short
positioning organised

passing 70
- the stats say they try alot of through balls & runs into the box
crossing 45 - pretty standard amount for Arsenal maybe a tad too high but since sanchez joined he tries crosses wide EDIT - STATS SAY THEY MAKE SECOND LEAST
shooting 60 - they take the 2nd most shots in EPL didnt want to go too high as it might have ruined the runs into the box setting
positioning free form..this is set to organised by default which is a crazy choice by EA Arsenal are renowned for having midfielders wingers making runs in different directions

pressure 65 - they like to try win it high up the field but not barcelona like but more than most teams
aggression 50 - unsure of this setting but watching them it can vary sometimes they like to stand off and cover the space
width 60 - gave them some more width players like sanchez hug the lines waiting for crossfield passes recieve the ball and drive towards the opposition

played them with liverpool at the emirates and I felt these made a difference they put me under pressure but not by doing 30 passes back and forth but by 4 5 in the last third and trying a killer through ball.I also felt they were able to be countered if you win the ball back off them and hit them wide which is a real Arsenal weakness but being the good passing team they are once they got in the last third it was hard to keep shape and win it back without tracking their runs.

overall I am alot happier with the tactics right now maybe the AI is more intelligent than past FIFA games where say if you set long ball to west hams tactics they would spam them relentlessly where as now they will do it if the situation arises otherwise they will choose a different route.Apologies if anything was incorrect regarding what each setting does in tactics this is my first time adjusting the AI settings I only ever did my own team in career mode

EDIT - I also set chelsea some new tactics to sit deep press and counter at speed this also seemed to work to some degree but they were made before the stats link (which is superb by the way) was posted so I need to adjust more

Last edited by saintric; 10-07-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #58
Rookie

here are some tables that hopefully can help someone making tactics? I put the teams in order of who does the most to who does the least this is compiled from papernuts link

most shots from outside the box
qpr
arsenal
liverpool
chelsea
wba
sunderland
everton
newcastle
stoke
man utd
burnley
west ham
man city
hull
southampton
swansea
spurs
palace
leicester
villa

chances created from crosses
liverpool
west brom
sunderland
west ham
qpr
hull
leicester
palace
southampton
man city
spurs
villa
swansea
stoke
chelsea
burnley
man utd
newcastle
arsenal
everton

chances created from through balls
arsenal
swansea
west brom
spurs
leicester
chelsea
everton
man utd
sunderland
man city
southampton
newcastle
crystal palace
qpr
west ham
all other have 0%
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #59
Rookie

miketheslummy's Arena

OVR: 2

whoscored.com is a nice website to find out some stats and team tendencies.

I edited fifa and PES tactics over years, and I'm having great time reading at you guys.
You're doing a good job!

Line setting is something that makes the game feels different and more "open"...
Old 10-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #60
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm more interested in finding out what settings and tactic numbers make the teams actually do what they are supposed to do, then we can fill in the blanks. What sliders limit crossing and so on.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #61
Rookie

You guys are PHD's at this stuff and I'm still in grade school with this stuff, but at default CPU pass error I'm getting some good diversity in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #62
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

All I've done so far tonight is try to get a team to play short, possession passing on me. It's been a mixed result so far. I just can't get them to slow down so far.

Which makes me think if I go back to playing against a long ball team, maybe they'll at least do that.

Why oh why must this be such a puzzle this year.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #63
Rookie

playing a career mode after changing teams tactics in the premier league and I am pretty happy with how they play now

the biggest changer seems to be the line height set to 65 it presses most of the play into midfield and the CPU will try long balls into the far corners or over the top a bit more, I also feel that setting the passing to long and pass creations to risky makes them play short passes over a longer distance and it helps stop the playing tika taka because they play it into the space
Old 10-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #64
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I didn't play any games last night, but will keep messing around with things tonight. The biggest issue is still not being able to make teams slow down and take their time when attacking. It's always a forward pass, even with buildup speed at "1".

It's just like the last few years of PES, where no matter what you do, the AI just pushes forward. Which sucks, as in the last three years of FIFA, you could make the AI play insanely slow.

As of now, as long as I can get a possession team playing differently than a long ball team, I'll be happy. I just wish it was like past years, though. Especially as there are parts of the game I love, such as being fouled by the opposition, and drawing penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »