Home

What are the negative effects of poor morale? RVP just demanded a transfer

This is a discussion on What are the negative effects of poor morale? RVP just demanded a transfer within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
What are the negative effects of poor morale? RVP just demanded a transfer

Playing career/manager mode and running with Man Utd. Start of year 2 and out of NOWHERE, Van Persie demands to be transferred. (WTF- he was the top goal scorer in the EPL in my first season!).

Now his morale is red/low and says "Leaving". I just received a £67M offer from Barca, and the board is telling me that they will stand behind whatever decision I make. I have no intention of selling him (he's my best goal scorer) but im trying to understand what the ramifications are of keeping him. Any ideas/insights?

Side note- while I am PISSED at RVP for demanding a transfer out of no where, mad props to the FIFA team at EA for incorporating these kinds of story lines. The news stories in the game are really cool and wow what drama this just introduced into my career mode. I would like a bit more explanation as to why he wants to leave but fun nonetheless

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What are the negative effects of poor morale? RVP just demanded a transfer

If I remember correctly, the game will force the sale on you eventually and you'll get whatever deal they offered. Its kind of cheap, but a lot of times when this happens (cr7 was constantly trying to get away from me...guess he didn't like the competition from Memphis depay) you can load the last career save point and trying running through the days again. Might take a couple of time...But eventually RVP will be happy on one of the loads and won't demand the transfer. I know...cheap...but sometimes when you choose to roll with a certain club because you are interested in playing with a particular player...it ruins the career feeling when he leaves
Old 10-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Playing career/manager mode and running with Man Utd. Start of year 2 and out of NOWHERE, Van Persie demands to be transferred. (WTF- he was the top goal scorer in the EPL in my first season!).

Now his morale is red/low and says "Leaving". I just received a £67M offer from Barca, and the board is telling me that they will stand behind whatever decision I make. I have no intention of selling him (he's my best goal scorer) but im trying to understand what the ramifications are of keeping him. Any ideas/insights?

Side note- while I am PISSED at RVP for demanding a transfer out of no where, mad props to the FIFA team at EA for incorporating these kinds of story lines. The news stories in the game are really cool and wow what drama this just introduced into my career mode. I would like a bit more explanation as to why he wants to leave but fun nonetheless
I love this aspect of the game, to me it gives variety and a challenge. I'd just sell the aging dinosaur, heck if someone offered 67M in my CM and he was happy as a clam I'd take it, he's 32 and you could get a few good young strikers for that sum of money.

If you're set on keeping him, back up saves are the only way to go as the other poster said the board will eventually sell him even though they say they have your back. They're like any board, they say one thing, then blind side you. Again, makes me angry but I love it!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Same in my cm. RVP demanded transfer...I shipped him off to PSV for even swap with Memphis Depay, sold Ashley Young and $15mil to Villa for Benteke. And Felli and $10mil for Pogba...United is back in business...
Old 10-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbs79
Same in my cm. RVP demanded transfer...I shipped him off to PSV for even swap with Memphis Depay, sold Ashley Young and $15mil to Villa for Benteke. And Felli and $10mil for Pogba...United is back in business...
Someone offered you real money for Young!? I can't get a nibble and my squads full, which I never had happen in other versions of the game. I'm going to have to buy him out if no one buys him in the summer, he just sits there collected dust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon6 Re: What are the negative effects of poor morale? RVP just demanded a transfer

RVP demanding a transfer? I guess FIFA 15 is really like real life!
Old 10-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
Someone offered you real money for Young!? I can't get a nibble and my squads full, which I never had happen in other versions of the game. I'm going to have to buy him out if no one buys him in the summer, he just sits there collected dust.
No he gave up Young and 15 million to Villa and got Benteke in return.

Also like said earlier the board will sell him anyways and for way less than the 67 million for Barcelona. So the only way to keep him is to revert to an older save where he is happy. There is a way to stop it from happening though, I think. I had a similar situation happen with Muller in my Bayern MM (on last gen, don't know if that would matter) and it was in between windows (thank god). What I did was in every single one of the press conferences praised him and he told me, you know what I am happy here and I will stay here and play. JW what is the issue that arose with RVP, like contract related, weather issues (hates rain), etc? Because mine was giving Muller a raise and he denied it.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Gee whiz, crazy that the board would sell him eventually!

I ended up selling him (regretfully) to Real Madrid for £70M. Used about £25 of that combined with Nani, Fellaini, and Cleverley to get Jan Vertoghnen (sp?), Lacazette, and Kevin Prince Boateng.

When players have low morale, does it affect their ratings/play on the field?

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »