Home

FIFA 15 Postions And What You Should Be Looking For

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Postions And What You Should Be Looking For within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 15 Postions And What You Should Be Looking For

Now that you've had FIFA 15 for about a week and are eager to start up a new Manager Mode , Ultimate Team, or head online, it’s time to take a refresher course as it relates to player positions and roles. Below I will delve into what to look for when starting with a new club as it relates to the FIFA player attribute system.

Read More - FIFA 15 Postions And What You Should Be Looking For
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
Being new to FIFA (and soccer in general), this is really helpful. The hard part about getting into Manager Mode in FIFA is the lack of initial guidance and variety of options. With The Show, I can let the CPU handle as much or as little as I want; plus, their help section explains all the rules. FIFA (or EA in general) doesn't allow for that level of customization.

Until I learn more about the sport and players, being able to delegate scouting or rotating my line-ups would be a huge boost and make it more fun initially. Instead, it's hard to get into because it's a high learning curve.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
Being new to FIFA (and soccer in general), this is really helpful. The hard part about getting into Manager Mode in FIFA is the lack of initial guidance and variety of options. With The Show, I can let the CPU handle as much or as little as I want; plus, their help section explains all the rules. FIFA (or EA in general) doesn't allow for that level of customization.

Until I learn more about the sport and players, being able to delegate scouting or rotating my line-ups would be a huge boost and make it more fun initially. Instead, it's hard to get into because it's a high learning curve.
I'm new to FIFA as well and I've never dabbled in a career mode in any sports game. I'm an huge hockey fan but never got into the career mode. However, I'm having a lot of fun with FIFA's manager mode. Like everything in FIFA, it's best to go all in and not be intimidated by it's depth. What I've learned about this game is that it's really hard to master (gameplay/management) but you learn little bits and pieces and improve over time.

I'm not fretting over the many mistakes I'm making in career mode. I'm losing/drawing more games than I'm winning but I'm learning a ton. FIFA doesn't hold your hand. It gives you the tools and you are suppose to put in the time to get the most out of it.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Terrific guide.

For those looking for a big striker; Diego Costa is an absolute beast for me.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Re: FIFA 15 Postions And What You Should Be Looking For

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreinha
I'm new to FIFA as well and I've never dabbled in a career mode in any sports game. I'm an huge hockey fan but never got into the career mode. However, I'm having a lot of fun with FIFA's manager mode. Like everything in FIFA, it's best to go all in and not be intimidated by it's depth. What I've learned about this game is that it's really hard to master (gameplay/management) but you learn little bits and pieces and improve over time.

I'm not fretting over the many mistakes I'm making in career mode. I'm losing/drawing more games than I'm winning but I'm learning a ton. FIFA doesn't hold your hand. It gives you the tools and you are suppose to put in the time to get the most out of it.
I don't disagree but to put in the time, you have to have it in the first place. When I was in college, this wasn't an issue. Now a couple years removed, having a professional career and a wife, I'm lucky to find an hour a night. I'd rather spend that time playing 2 or 3 games, rather than 1 game and the rest in menus. That's why I think there needs to be optional hand holding.

That's the biggest issue I have with sports games going forward. They keep adding more and more depth, which is great. However, not all developers give you the option to have the CPU handle that depth. The generation that grew up with some of the most iconic video games are now young professionals with families. They don't have the time like the hardcore or younger audience. While I enjoy having the full control and want to make my own decisions at certain points, having the CPU handle at other times would be great.

One of my favorite games of recent memory was NCAA Football 14. Recruiting was deep enough that I could have full control, but simple enough that I could spend 3 minutes max between games handling. FIFA and Madden, with their scouting, takes up so much time that it detracts from the experience (if you find yourself struggling to find time to play in the first place). I want to be able to choose a few people to scout then let the CPU fill out the rest of the time/XP.

While I agree, the more time I can put in the more I can get out of it. It just isn't achievable. I feel like there are many out there like me (and maybe not enough yet) that wants the depth of a mode, but wants to be involved occasionally because your schedule dictates 1 or 2 games a night and we don't want to sacrifice that 1 game to be stuck in menus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think the way this article was written was accurate in terms of how FIFA 15 defines positions. I'm completely baffled by Center Forwards in the game. Can someone please explain this to me? It seems like they're lined up as a second striker in many formations.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubone_Jones
I don't think the way this article was written was accurate in terms of how FIFA 15 defines positions. I'm completely baffled by Center Forwards in the game. Can someone please explain this to me? It seems like they're lined up as a second striker in many formations.
@cubone_jones you have to change your tactics up to keep your defenders back. you can set that up before the match.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977
@cubone_jones you have to change your tactics up to keep your defenders back. you can set that up before the match.
Uhh. whut?

I am talking about CF in the games. I get what it's saying about defenders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »