Home

Pro Camera - low framerate??

This is a discussion on Pro Camera - low framerate?? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Pro Camera - low framerate??

Anyone else noticing a significantly lower (to the point of being unplayable) framerate when using the Pro camera? I'm on PS4...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Pro Camera - low framerate??

Yeah, I tried it on the demo. It's really bad.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
Anyone else noticing a significantly lower (to the point of being unplayable) framerate when using the Pro camera? I'm on PS4...
It's the same on PC, actually. When using the "Lock to 60 FPS" option (turning on Vertical Sync, in other words), The Pro camera framerate actually drops to around 30 FPS according to Fraps - the same as what the cutscenes run. That's why it looks choppy - because when you've got as much camera movement as the Pro camera involves, you're really going to notice 30 FPS.

If I disable the frame limit I can get 80-90 FPS in the Pro camera, but the unfortunate and unavoidable drawback of that is screen tearing. And turning on VSync from my graphics card settings doesn't work either - the game just ignores it.

It's annoying and frustrating.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-09-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Rookie

If they'd give me an end to end camera that is always looking forward (towards the goal I'm trying to score on) regardless of which half is being played I would be happy.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

I have to jump in on this. The frame rate on pro camera was also a problem on the PS3. I thought for sure this would be smooth on the PS4. Pretty disappointing because myplayer modes are my thing and I like having the camera behind the character and in the action. It would be awesome if they could somehow fix this with a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
I have to jump in on this. The frame rate on pro camera was also a problem on the PS3. I thought for sure this would be smooth on the PS4. Pretty disappointing because myplayer modes are my thing and I like having the camera behind the character and in the action. It would be awesome if they could somehow fix this with a patch.
Wow... didn't realize this issue had been out there for so long. It's rather absurd that they haven't fixed it. It's just shy of unplayable for me with that low of a framerate.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
If they'd give me an end to end camera that is always looking forward (towards the goal I'm trying to score on) regardless of which half is being played I would be happy.
Yeah, the alternating end-to-end camera is such a bummer. I've always played using a side camera, but I dabbled with end-to-end using player lock last year. The "going up" when attacking half of the game was great fun, but playing the other way ruins it. Add in the pro cam framerate problems and it's very disappointing. That kind of view would be great for playing deep in midfield or defense in pro clubs.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's the same on PC, actually. When using the "Lock to 60 FPS" option (turning on Vertical Sync, in other words), The Pro camera framerate actually drops to around 30 FPS according to Fraps - the same as what the cutscenes run. That's why it looks choppy - because when you've got as much camera movement as the Pro camera involves, you're really going to notice 30 FPS.

If I disable the frame limit I can get 80-90 FPS in the Pro camera, but the unfortunate and unavoidable drawback of that is screen tearing. And turning on VSync from my graphics card settings doesn't work either - the game just ignores it.

It's annoying and frustrating.
There is already a workaround in the pc version. Lock to 60fps in the game settings and create a FIFA15 profile in RadeonPro with the settings below:
- Vsync Always ON
- Triple Buffering

Bingo. 60fps everywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »