Home

£65 Million Who To Buy?

This is a discussion on £65 Million Who To Buy? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: £65 Million Who To Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23
Depends how you play to a large extent.

Personally, I don't place a large emphasis on pace. I also tend to look for young players who will develop relatively quickly so I can make money in the long term. So keep that in mind.

I'm not sure to what extent you can get players from "big clubs" post financial takeover. So some of these might not be interested in a move to Forest.

Julian Draxler - Not sure if he'd sign with Forest, but you can get him for between £14-16m. Not much pace, as I mentioned, which some people don't like. But he's great for me. Amazing dribbling, good range of passing and a outstanding long shot. Can play LM or CAM.

Dennis Praet - Anderlecht are a gold mine for young talent. Praet is just another good one who can play AM and wide. Might be cheaper than Draxler.

Aleksander Mitrovic - Another Anderlecht prospect. Striker. He's going to be a beast (in real life too I think). Big and strong. Goof finisher, good in the air. I tend to play one up top and he has all the qualities I like for that.

Paco Alcacer - Valencia Striker. Being in your third season he might be too pricey by now or be sold, but he's the "Hernandez type" (Sorry I refuse to accept Chicharito haha). Not pacey, but great finishing, attack positioning, reactions etc. He's a poacher. I paid £15m for him with my Arsenal MM.

Junior Malanda - For me DMF is the most important position on the pitch. Even more so in FIFA 15. Malanda is a proper talent in terms of his power and size, with quality. I got him from Wolfsburg for £8m but that was early-ish in my MM. Really developed into a great player.

Alen Halilovic - This is a long shot, but clubs like Barca sometimes are willing to sell players who have great potential but less overall on FIFA, I've found. I've not signed him myself, but he's one of the best prospects in world football and he could be worth a look. Also, I got Marc Bartra for £5m and he's developed into an 80 CB so far.

Also have your scout instructions look for players with 0-1 years left on their contract. I got Khedira that way for free and if you have a lot of cash there might be one or two top players you can sign simply by offering them a lot of money.
I really like my pacey strikers! At least in FIFA 15. I love players who can get in behind the defensive line and score goals.
But, then again, I signed Adebayor who is more of a target man. Not as pacey but good with the ball.

Praet, Alcacer and Halilovic - as well as I might check out Telles.

I had Mitrovic last year, I got screwed by my board. I had Benzia and Martial, for some reason Martial became so unhappy (playing every other game, contract, wages all perfect) but he wanted to leave. So the board let him leave, I couldn’t do anything.
Then I looked at Mitrovic or Jurgen Locadia. Mitrovic seemed like the better option, got him from Arsenal and he was insane, everything he shot went in the back of the net, every header, long shot. Fantastic player.

But I always like to try and buy in new players to learn about them. It broadens my football knowledge.

As for “Chicharito” I agreed I never really understood it that much. But, if I’d just said Hernandez then some people might have thought of different Hernandez’s.

I don’t really want to buy Malanda, again, had him last year, great player but Chalobah is a former Forest player with lots of potential, made more sense to me to try and keep it (fairly) realistic.

But that last point. Thanks for that! It never occurred to me you could get your scouts to locate 0-1 years on their contracts. I always see it in my transfer news and thought it was pure luck if you found them. Fabian Schar is a favourite of mine, so I was pretty gutted when he went on a free transfer to Spurs.

But thanks for your feedback!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #10
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: £65 Million Who To Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Adebayor is a beast. Big body, great target man for crosses, and he is hard to knock off the ball.

Great bargain striker. He lead the league in goals in my Spurs CM.
I know right? I'm a Man Utd fan, but, I've always admired him. Personality, his style of play. I just wonder why he's so underrated. For me he could be up there with someone like Rooney or even van Persie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »