Home

FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed

Wow. Right now after my 4th loss in a row after 30 games being undefeated against World Class AI, my PS4 didn't let me save my game and there was an error and my settings in FIFA 15 got erased. I went back into the game and fixed my settings then played my next match and I won 3-1. Something tells me that the error was the game's engine.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #10
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Lol it's far from impossible to win a league due to the programming. You are reaching very hard because YOU can't win with Bayern. You ask for a realistic and fun experience and this game provides that. Now if you want an experience that allows you to win and dominate every game and never have any moments where the CPU puts up a fight? Just play on professional.. win the league like you want, everybody wins?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #11
Rookie

I just want a realism but if I lose, it better be because I just happened to not move my defenders fast enough or I made a dumb pass that created a great counter attack by the AI on world class. I was undefeated for 30 games in my season! How can I go from that to losing 7 out of the past 10 games in my league for the AI 2nd place team to be within 1 point of me in the league? The sad thing is that I am changing tactics and doing things that have proven to work and actually do get me the shots I need for goals yet that same shot, same position, same power against the same team on my second half of the season gets saved or even worse, my players just shoot the opposite side of the goal when i clearly pointed and held the controller to the other direction for the guarantee goal. It only happens in the league matches. I am in the champions league final and deutscher pokal final. Yet in the league I suddenly have 7 losses. Is there a way to reset the AI cheap ways or do I just have to take the negative aspect of career mode and just suck it up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Play to the team you are playing. If I'm playing Chelsea, Man City, etc. I will set my play type to defensive, if I am playing Queens Park, Fulham, etc. I will set my play type to aggressive. Seems to work pretty well for me. I have also noticed how much of an impact form makes during games. If you run into an in form West Brom, they'll play like Man City.

Last edited by JayD; 11-02-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #13
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

In my first season I'm top 5 with QPR after 30 games. Just beat Chelsea 1-0. If I would've played better I could easily be in first place. Feel like I get what I earn. Let's see if it gets "impossible" to win.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #14
Rookie

It's not impossible, but the game attempts to add realism/excitement by making it so you don't run away with the league. It will often keep the table competitive at the top. In some cases, if you're dominating, you will get a correction in your record by losing/drawing to bring your team back down to earth.

Not much you can do about it. Very frustrating, we've all been there. Just don't smash your controller.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #15
Rookie

Ok so I finished my first season and ended up winning the league but by like 4 points. I guess you are right. What it does is corrects your ability to play nearly flawless games and handicaps your team to make the other teams catch up in the league. I know it is trying to be realistic and create excitement but I feel like the only league that 5 or 6 teams are really close in the title race is the Barclays Premier League. If I pick Bayern Munich in Germany and am dominating by 13 points from second place, I shouldn't be forced to lose games and let other teams catch up to make it close. Maybe I should have done the career mode with an English team and then the realism would kick in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #16
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: FIFA 15 Career Mode - Depressed

I'm a FIFA noob so feel free to take this with a grain of salt but...

• MM1-Karlsruher on WC. Waaaay out of my depth. Got killed regularly.
  • MM2-Athletico Madrid on WC. Better, but still fired at end of 1st season.
  • MM3-Barcelona on Professional. Spent the 1st half of the season around the middle of the table. Closed out winning the last 15-20 games. Messi led the league in goals, Neymar led in assists. Regularly scored 6+ goals. I picked up a lot of skills using a superior team on a lower difficulty.
  • MM4-Wycombe Wanderers on Professional. Currently 2-1 and the games have been fantastic. I really have to earn my goals now(I've scored 1,2, and 0 goals so far) and I seem to be at a personnel disadvantage in terms of both speed & skill. The one game I lost was a 1-0 loss where my goalie inexplicably punched a ball at the post that would have gone out for a GK. Instead his punch knocked it back into the field of play where it was put in.
Point is...I think you have to strike a balance between difficulty, sliders, and the team used to get the best experience. I'm going to move my Barcelona MM to WC for season 2 while staying on Professional for Wycombe for now. The game doesn't perfectly suited for every user right out of the box nor is perfection defined by just a few difficulty levels.

You say that if you lose you want it to be because you didn't move your guy fast enough of something. Well, guess how often gamers truly believe they didn't make the play? Somewhere around never. The only way to achieve the sense of unpredictability is to randomly (occasionally?) give teams/players a boost/drop in ability. As all games do, it takes a little imagination on your part to concede that your guys are 'playing well right now' or are 'struggling' right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »