Home

Official FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Rookie

Rebsat's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

Great work bro and I am really happy that you finally achieved this on FIFA 15
Old 10-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #10
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
I'm guessing this year, you need to put all the data in for each team before you start your career mode?
Just as in past years, it's best to put them all in, and then start a CM using your custom squads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommanovic
Hey Krebstar, looks nice so far Could you also look into CTT for national teams?
Perhaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt80
Can this work on xbox 360? I can only find team sheets when I go into career mode,if I edit a default tactic in edit teams I have to save it & assign it to a d pad unless I'm missing something,which is quite possible with a 3 week old daughter who comes alive in the middle of the night!
They'll work for last gen, and current gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
Good on ya for putting in such laborious effort.

Everything looks quite realistic to me besides the pass speed and aggression. Aggression always remains unmodified---why?

If you have had a clear look at the WC in Brazil you should've realized that aggression is paramount in modern football, as in the Premier league.

I play both online&offline with Defensive pressure around 78 & aggression on 80 and it shows! Cpu nearly invariably suffers under my high pressure appliance and often becomes quite foolish in execution---same goes for online matches. High pressure and a healthy dose of animalistic aggression is paramount in football.

I am surprised so few people realize this.

Look at Barca, 'specially under the reign of Pep. As soon as they lost the ball they applied pressure on the opponent's half like madmen, until they regained ball possession. If that is not aggression and high defensive pressure, what is?

If you look at CL you'll often see 5 players exhibiting high pressure on the opponent's half---the key to success.
I realize it, I just think that FIFA naturally has players apply a decent amount of pressure. The game already moves at a break neck pace, so I don't want teams to be forced to move at an even faster pace.

Teams that put more pressure on the ball have a higher pressure setting. Aggression is left at default due to it only doing the same thing as pressure. It's supposed to cause more aggressive tackles, but it generally just applies more pressure.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #11
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Great stuff, can't wait to input these and get on with a CM.

If you are interested, I did some research and found info stating that the following EPL clubs play an offside back line:
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Chelsea
Lpool
Manu
Newcastle
Spurs
WBA

Might help to provide more variety if more than 3 teams play an offside style. I'm all about trying to differentiate how these teams play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #12
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Just one question, any time the roster is updated i will loss the edits? How to avoid that?
Old 10-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #13
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Just one question, any time the roster is updated i will loss the edits? How to avoid that?
Quote:
How do I make sure my squads don’t get overwritten?
Always save two copies of your custom squad file. When you’re doing editing tactics, save your squad file. Then, save that file again under a different name. This ensures that both of your custom squad files will never accidentally be overwritten.
Once you input them all, you won't be able to use updated squads without inputing them all over again, unfortunately. Well, as far as I know.

Something interesting I noticed this year was after setting some tactics, I then used the online squads in Kick Off mode. But the tactics were still saved within those squads. I could've been imaging it, so make sure you test it.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #14
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Once you input them all, you won't be able to use updated squads without inputing them all over again, unfortunately. Well, as far as I know.

Something interesting I noticed this year was after setting some tactics, I then used the online squads in Kick Off mode. But the tactics were still saved within those squads. I could've been imaging it, so make sure you test it.
I swear it kept the custom tactics when I downloaded the most recent squad. I thought for sure they'd be lost but it looked like it was tied to my Profile instead of my squad file.

I'll have to test again tonight, maybe I wasn't using the newly downloaded squad.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #15
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I swear it kept the custom tactics when I downloaded the most recent squad. I thought for sure they'd be lost but it looked like it was tied to my Profile instead of my squad file.

I'll have to test again tonight, maybe I wasn't using the newly downloaded squad.
That's fantastic news.

Still, for anybody already well into a career (like me), I wouldn't bother with starting over just to do add these to all the teams. It's a pretty painless 10 seconds when you start a match to edit the CPU's tactics.

Besides, Krebstar has given us a good starting point, but his efforts will (by design) prove to be far from perfect. I'd rather tweak the CPU's tactics manually before the start of a match, as I continue to learn/adapt to FIFA 15's different sliders within tactics. They seem to be quite different than previous versions of FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #16
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton

In past years it was insanely odd, as it was tied to your squad file and your profile. Your tactics were saved using your profile, but assigned to the squad file. However, unless we're both crazy, it looks like this year they don't need reassigned with a new squad file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
That's fantastic news.

Still, for anybody already well into a career (like me), I wouldn't bother with starting over just to do add these to all the teams. It's a pretty painless 10 seconds when you start a match to edit the CPU's tactics.

Besides, Krebstar has given us a good starting point, but his efforts will (by design) prove to be far from perfect. I'd rather tweak the CPU's tactics manually before the start of a match, as I continue to learn/adapt to FIFA 15's different sliders within tactics. They seem to be quite different than previous versions of FIFA.
Yeah, this year more than any in the past, these are certainly nowhere as near perfect as they could be. I wish they behaved like they did in the past, but that would just be too damn easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »