Home

Official FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Official FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

Hey fellas, I'm back!

Back again with FIFA custom team tactics to hopefully improve your gaming experience. Most of you most likely know the drill—look at the spreadsheet below and input the tactics into your game.

The tactics don't have as great of an effect this year as past years, but they still seem to add something, so I didn't want to not post them. The spreadsheet is not completely finished yet, but it will be at some point.

For those of you who are not sure of what these are, there is a FAQ section below. Have questions? Just ask!

FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What exactly are these?
These are settings to input for teams in the game, so that when you play the AI, you’re playing against them. They’re not settings for the user to use to have an edge against online opponents, or the AI.

These are Custom Team Tacics, which are set in the Edit Teams or Team Sheets section of the game. The goal of these tactics is to make the AI play more realistically. The original goal of these many years ago was to get the AI to play slower. To not just pass the ball directly up the field, and to actually build an attack, just like a team in real life would.

[team name] is my favorite team, and those settings don’t reflect how they play. Why?
None of these are meant to be perfect, and some of them are more guesses than actual estimations. If you see a team that has the wrong tactic assigned to it, politely note that, and I can change it in the spreadsheet if it warrants it.

Remember, the main goal of these is for teams to play in a realistic manner, not exactly play precisely like their real world counterpart. We want teams to play in a realistic style, and if we can also make them play like they do in real life, great. I have no interest in breaking down mountains of stats to show that team A should not always play like team B. As nerdy as I am about making these, even I just want to stop and enjoy the game at some point.

Where do I find them?
Located in the Google spreadsheet at the above link.

Are these needed to enjoy the game?
I certainly think so. Although this year the effects of them are less than before, they still add something to the game that is missing, which is teams playing differently from one another. When you play Arsenal, you shouldn’t have more possession than them most of the time. When you play West Ham, you should have to watch out for them hitting you on counter attacks, and so on and so forth.

Do these need sliders with them?
They don’t have to, but I strongly suggest it. If you’re not playing the game with custom sliders, you’re not getting the best experience possible. I highly suggest using Matt10’s World Class or Legendary sliders. Matt did tons of testing, and has landed on some great sets.

How do I put these into the game?
Edit teams in the Edit Teams or Team Sheets section. The issue with this year's game is that you can not save a tactic, and then select another team to use it. You either have to create the team sheets for each tactic, and then apply that team sheet to other teams, or you go into each team and edit their default team sheet to have the correct tactic.

Note, if you're creating new team sheets, make sure you select that one as the "favorite", so the AI uses it when playing against them.

Why is there an error in the spreadsheet? Team A was relegated last year, and should not be in that league.
I often do these later at night, therefore I’m tired and make mistakes. Notice a mistake in the spreadsheet? Please let me know!

How do I make sure my squads don’t get overwritten?
Always save two copies of your custom squad file. When you’re doing editing tactics, save your squad file. Then, save that file again under a different name. This ensures that both of your custom squad files will never accidentally be overwritten.

Is there an easier way to input these?
Nope. But, once you do it once, you’re all done.

Does each tactic have a certain name?
I have named them this year, but they’re not yet in the spreadsheet. So, in the future, it might be easier to talk about certain tactics.

Are these really “Official”?
I don’t know, are they?

Last edited by Krebstar; 10-19-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Official FIFA 15 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

Top, top qualiteee.

Can we get a sticky for this mods?
Old 10-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm guessing this year, you need to put all the data in for each team before you start your career mode?
Old 10-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #4
Just started!

Hey Krebstar, looks nice so far Could you also look into CTT for national teams?
Old 10-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Can this work on xbox 360? I can only find team sheets when I go into career mode,if I edit a default tactic in edit teams I have to save it & assign it to a d pad unless I'm missing something,which is quite possible with a 3 week old daughter who comes alive in the middle of the night!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #6
Pro

Good on ya for putting in such laborious effort.

Everything looks quite realistic to me besides the pass speed and aggression. Aggression always remains unmodified---why?

If you have had a clear look at the WC in Brazil you should've realized that aggression is paramount in modern football, as in the Premier league.

I play both online&offline with Defensive pressure around 78 & aggression on 80 and it shows! Cpu nearly invariably suffers under my high pressure appliance and often becomes quite foolish in execution---same goes for online matches. High pressure and a healthy dose of animalistic aggression is paramount in football.

I am surprised so few people realize this.

Look at Barca, 'specially under the reign of Pep. As soon as they lost the ball they applied pressure on the opponent's half like madmen, until they regained ball possession. If that is not aggression and high defensive pressure, what is?

If you look at CL you'll often see 5 players exhibiting high pressure on the opponent's half---the key to success.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #7
Rookie

BlitzkriegBlueLondon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
I'm guessing this year, you need to put all the data in for each team before you start your career mode?
I have the same question. Need to configure before start the CM right?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzkriegBlueLondon
I have the same question. Need to configure before start the CM right?

Yep, same as previous years. Unless you're using Current Customized rosters (I am), in which case you can manually edit the CPU tactics before each match (zzzzz).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »