Home

FIFA 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
That's a good thing. I guess what I'm really curious about is how they play when the game is tied, or they're up a goal or more. Do they ever, ever pass the ball backwards or play patiently at all? I love this game, but its achilles heel is the "barge forward" mentality of the CPU teams, regardless which team they are controlling. I'd just like to see the aggressiveness toned down a notch, and more variety in the passing.
So true, and no they still don't do this post patch, if you plug the holes they will just run back and forth with the ball trying to drag you out instead of using passing to try and stretch you out.

When it's tied they do adjust to the situation though a bit more. I was tied with Crystal Palace and they were playing balanced, but not really pressing hard. They then had a man sent off in the 60th minute and they started to park the bus even though the game was tied.

The logic works much better post patch, I don't know what was programmed before but in a game against Man City they were actually leading late and went all out attack, their CBs were jumping into the box and left a huge hole for me to equalize. The only reason I could think of was that the game was still registering the result in the reverse fixture where I beat them 3-0 and for some reason the AI was programmed to think it was down on aggregate? Post patch I played Arsenal having beaten then 2-0 in the reverse fixture and the same problem wasn't present, they were up on me late and played conservative as they should.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #58
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I had a patch pop up on the PS3 version yesterday and I can't find out what was fixed anywhere.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #59
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
So true, and no they still don't do this post patch, if you plug the holes they will just run back and forth with the ball trying to drag you out instead of using passing to try and stretch you out.

When it's tied they do adjust to the situation though a bit more. I was tied with Crystal Palace and they were playing balanced, but not really pressing hard. They then had a man sent off in the 60th minute and they started to park the bus even though the game was tied.

The logic works much better post patch, I don't know what was programmed before but in a game against Man City they were actually leading late and went all out attack, their CBs were jumping into the box and left a huge hole for me to equalize. The only reason I could think of was that the game was still registering the result in the reverse fixture where I beat them 3-0 and for some reason the AI was programmed to think it was down on aggregate? Post patch I played Arsenal having beaten then 2-0 in the reverse fixture and the same problem wasn't present, they were up on me late and played conservative as they should.
Damn, I guess baby steps are better than nothing, but it just doesn't seem like it would be difficult to change tendencies so that the CPU takes more chances. Besides the backwards passing, the CPU attack generally lacks any lob passing (other than crossing), and I really can't think of many, if any, times I've seen them have a go from outside the box. They just dribble around, making short passes until they either lose the ball or get an easy shot on goal. Any devs in here by chance?
Old 10-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 3

I've never had this foul problem. I've seen 3 or 4 yellows in a game or two, but never anything consistent. Last night though, playing against Arsenal in my Manager mode, Arsenal picked up two redcards, had 8 players on the field for the rest of the game. The fouls were obviously warranted though as they were late slides which always tripped me up near the penalty area. Idk, if it was just cause I was playing Arsenal though, but the game was a lot tougher. I'm currently 7-1-3 (W/L/D) in my Burnley career, BURNLEY!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Damn, I guess baby steps are better than nothing, but it just doesn't seem like it would be difficult to change tendencies so that the CPU takes more chances. Besides the backwards passing, the CPU attack generally lacks any lob passing (other than crossing), and I really can't think of many, if any, times I've seen them have a go from outside the box. They just dribble around, making short passes until they either lose the ball or get an easy shot on goal. Any devs in here by chance?
Hi, thought I should drop in to tell you that lobs are possible in this game. I am having tons of them being made by the CPU, apart from crosses. They are also switching sides when they find a free player and small teams bomb passes to their forwards while defending if they have the long ball tactic. I have a mix of Matt sliders and mine and I am enjoying the variety a lot. Teams like Aston Villa and Spurs play totally different. If you would like to know my sliders, just ask
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #62
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcar87
Hi, thought I should drop in to tell you that lobs are possible in this game. I am having tons of them being made by the CPU, apart from crosses. They are also switching sides when they find a free player and small teams bomb passes to their forwards while defending if they have the long ball tactic. I have a mix of Matt sliders and mine and I am enjoying the variety a lot. Teams like Aston Villa and Spurs play totally different. If you would like to know my sliders, just ask
Give 'em up my man. As long as they aren't specifically set for manual passing, and don't handicap the CPU in any way, I'd be more than willing to try them. I have a guilty conscience when it comes to setting CPU attributes lower than User attributes.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #63
SSJ
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves
I'm playing on WC and have around 4-5 per game playing 10 minute halves so that's about 16-20 prorated over 90 minutes, if anything that's too high! I even had 2 penalties in one match last night, sorry I think there's some placebo effect going on here. The patch hasn't changed fouls at all IMO. If anything the increased AI tactics adjustments have increased them as if I'm up late they press hard and double team which leads to more fouls.
Yea maybe thats the different Im playing 6 minutes halves.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Give 'em up my man. As long as they aren't specifically set for manual passing, and don't handicap the CPU in any way, I'd be more than willing to try them. I have a guilty conscience when it comes to setting CPU attributes lower than User attributes.
Ok. They're really not targeted to manual players at all though maybe if you play full manual it may affect the way the CPU takes certain decisions but I'm not sure. Don't worry since there's no advantage for the user with these sliders, they are totally fair.

The most important slider changes are these:

User and CPU speed: 50
User and CPU acceleration: 50
User pass error: 50 CPU pass error: 20
CPU pass speed: 35
User marking: 42 CPU marking: 62
User and CPU run frequency: 50
User and CPU line height: 75
User and CPU line length: 42
User and CPU line width: 32
User and CPU FB positioning: 100

The rest of the sliders are not important and won't alter the CPU style of play.
They should be played in Legendary with slow speed and Legacy defending (this changes the way the CPU plays). I recommend full manual. It's also worth mentioning that if you're team plays a possesion based game you must lower the users speed build up slider to 30 or less in the team's tactic. CPU's remains as it is. Good luck!

Last edited by dcar87; 10-22-2014 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »