Home

Really want to love this game but 90th minute goals/scripting are killing me again

This is a discussion on Really want to love this game but 90th minute goals/scripting are killing me again within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Really want to love this game but 90th minute goals/scripting are killing me agai

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
All I can say is Iīm glad I donīt see that ype of dynamic dificulty... ...For me, good players are making a diference, for good.
Yes, you are playing MM. I was writing of a method that will show you an extreme example of it in FUT. It seems to be dependent on different criteria in MM, most likely your position in the table, whether it is a cup game, the position of your opponent in the table, and so on... Things you can't change yourself immediately while playing.

Try it out if you're interested; once you've felt it, you'll be able to spot it better when it happens in MM.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #58
Rookie

Re: Really want to love this game but 90th minute goals/scripting are killing me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanner
In a normal season in manager mode of Fifa, these totals are easily eclipsed and it's not so much that they happen much more often than in reality, it's more so how they happen, who they happen too (bad teams more often) and the change in abilities that allow this low percentage phenomenon to happen as common place. And I think that's what the more level headed posters that probably still enjoy the game are criticizing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Ya I'm definitely enjoying the game, but I'm not going to deny something exists in the game when it very clearly does.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:34 AM   #59
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Really want to love this game but 90th minute goals/scripting are killing me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Most of the time we don't complain about late goals but we complain about how they happen. For example when the game makes CPU controlled players on your team run away from attackers to let them score.
The game makes players on your team run away from attackers?

Lol. C'mon man. So The defender is in front of the dribbler and RUNS AWAY? So they can score? Please let me see this.

Personally I think the scripting is when the CPU finally does try to go all out and score people's defense isn't good enough stop continuous attack and/or they can't hold the ball. Try this next game, when you are up with 10 minutes left and the CPU is about to script you. Hold possession. If the score a goal without the ball then I might believe in scripting.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:48 AM   #60
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird

Lol. C'mon man. So The defender is in front of the dribbler and RUNS AWAY? So they can score? Please let me see this.

Personally I think the scripting is when the CPU finally does try to go all out and score people's defense isn't good enough stop continuous attack and/or they can't hold the ball. Try this next game, when you are up with 10 minutes left and the CPU is about to script you. Hold possession. If the score a goal without the ball then I might believe in scripting.
You obviously dont play enough, or are not observant enough.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:26 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird

It's been pretty well noted that the player's ai controlled defenders are absolutely terrible and do, from time to time, step out of the way of an attacker opening up a lane to attack through. It is why people working to create an authentic feel through sliders are suggesting using legacy defending.

These errors seem to occur far more often when cpu difficulty ramps up in games that are decided to be difficult... regardless of whether the player is playing poorly or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 04:04 AM   #62
Pro

Re: Really want to love this game but 90th minute goals/scripting are killing me agai

Ok, this is more like it... Game is scripted for sure. But maybe for me it makes some sense. when we score, depending on the opponent team, they will try to score, and depending on your tactic ( this is hugely important, but some people canīt just see it), your players start to feel the pressure, ence the feel of some handicap. Now hereīs the catch. Thing is I do feel sometimes that my players can perform better passes then they did, but it just happens in situations of pressure, because CPU is all over me. If I have a clear chance, my player will pass it just right. Even thereīs a handicaped version of my players for a part of the match, that makes me feel the pressure and maybe is the way to go. For some, this brings excitment and enjoyment with the unexpected, for others this is bad scripting/programming and ruins the game. No oneīs right, no oneīs wrong, its just the way we see it.

Now this has nothing to do with some other stuff going on, with people arguing that players run the other way around, pass the other way, etc. Yes, I believe that might happen, but like once in 20 or 30 matches, it might be some bug or something, but that is not scripting! Damn it might even be some settings issue combined with some bad controller use at that particular moment. Iīve done lots of mistakes too that toatlly compromised my players position by miles, I do it every single match when in pressure and rushing, but never ever felt that CPU was making me do that on purpose. So thereīs something wrong here, with some peopleīs controller, system, or way to play this game.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #63
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

No scripting : last 4 games in my Everton CM I have kept cpu scoreless.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #64
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
No scripting : last 4 games in my Everton CM I have kept cpu scoreless.
Wow, such evidence with a huge dataset to back it up. I'm convinced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »