Home

team mentality is, yes, broken

This is a discussion on team mentality is, yes, broken within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: team mentality is, yes, broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
I'm on PS4. It does seem like a random bug but it is surely there. I played a couple games last night and had no problem, but maybe that was just because of the scorelines I had in those games. In one match the team ahead parked the bus as you would expect with a 1 goal lead.

The real mystery to me was the one I posted earlier where I was playing player locked and went to All Out Attack and my team acted like I was asking for Park the Bus. I'm sort of scared to use the quick control tactics in my career mode now.
That is strange and concerning for sure. I don't use player lock myself but I notice my AI players don't really change their behaviour as much as I'd like when I switch to park the bus or all out attack. Part of me thinks it has to do with the new "instructions tab" for individual players and that the two are overriding each other. For instance my fullbacks are on always overlap, but when I park the bus they should stay back, they don't. I have to go in and change those instructions as well.

Also if anyone can figure out how to get your CDM to stop joining every attack even when he's set on stay back while attacking you'll be my hero.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #10
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

I've thought of the instructions tab as well although I have not used them yet. There seem to be too many variables right now. It's tough for the user to understand which gets precedence.

I think I'm going to avoid the quick tactics for my career mode for now. I guess there is nothing I can do about what the AI does for the cpu team though. I'm going to try and keep a close eye on them to see when these moments kick in. Maybe there is some sort of workaround or it's only happening on a particular difficulty level or match score.

It would be nice if EA could patch it, but I won't hold my breath for that. The crazy thing is this last patch had notes that said it fixed a bug in team mentality. Obviously, things are not completely sorted out in this area.

Last edited by ralphieboy11; 11-06-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #11
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

Im just tired of the cpu teams never changing their formations depending on their personnel. If the CPU is going to go out and bring in cavani when they already have aguero and jovetic then you would think they would run some sort of offense with two strikers up top. No of course not, just stick with the 4-2-3-1 and bring aguero and jovetic off the bench which I highly doubt they even play that much. Same as liverpool, they should always be playing Balotelli and Sturridge up top always! And why does every team in the BPL play that 4-2-3-1 formation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #12
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

1-0 me over chievo and theyre surrending with 10 mins left. no word for ea.
real nice,
Old 11-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #13
Banned

Icon12 Re: Cheapest online soldes france

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandoi
ollowing 50 percent inning while left fielder Kwame Accomplish was attack by means of Rams better Kyle Starling and also state-of-the-art so that you can minute on a giving up bunt by Willie Forgatch.

However, Starling totalled his or her 2nd in documenting some sort of strikeout plus groundout with the game final a couple outs when San Marino concluded a single regarding 12 together with joggers in credit scoring location cheap nike free along with four strikeouts and also RBIs.

just didn obtain that success, The big boys freshman Bradley Haslam reported. ended up being the real difference. presented San Marino main manage reviewing attack inside finally, single out and about RBI individual of which have scored Gott as well as brought your The big boys within just A pair of One. Your free run shoe click had been followed by the give up journey from Garrett Fresh that added residence Justin Kreindler while using braiding operate.

Your inning could have been extended when Gott had been determined risk-free at finally with a fielder preference strike by simply Kreindler wherein Rams 3rd baseman Arrue seemed to continue to keep the calf about the carrier following a crazy toss via next.

However, Gott ended up being decided safe and then have scored.

A great inning prior, your Leaders crammed the particular facets without having outs in single men and women via Haslam and Little as well as an error on a bunt through Garrett Glazier.

Rams glass pitcher Calvin Copping after that induced a gentle pop-up through Lionel Escajeda that will Copping decreased.

With no infield take flight tip identified as, Copping plonked to be able to first with an outside along with primary baseman Alex Eaves plonked black nike free run trainers household on an obvious two times have fun with which was solved by way of the home plate umpire and reigned over for a compel enjoy while hitting.

Calvin Copping (6 3) replied to this golf ball having step by step strikeouts and also gained the actual get in eye-catching out there nike trainers free run six to eight throughout nike free walk half dozen innings as well as enabling 2 is run on 6-8 traffic.Rams ended up being into 3rd quarterback in garage door opener hardware

A Rams trailed, Tough luck 0, on halftime following a scoreless 1st 1 / 2 this provided any overlooked 40 garden discipline intention by simply kicker Greg Zuerlein, items decreased by significant charges, plus a poor decision by way of Pile in which generated a good interception in the Rams Thirty-five back garden series, producing a new Vikings touchdown with Twenty-one a few moments remaining inside 50 percent.

Instructor Jeff Fisher said damages for you to Pile took place within the ownership ahead of the interception.

Fi

Articles from
Gott was out!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
1-0 me over chievo and theyre surrending with 10 mins left. no word for ea.
real nice,
Ridiculous. If this was working properly, what is the deciding factor on whether a CPU team considers itself an underdog or favorite? Position in the table? Overall team rating?

I was playing with Leeds last night. I was at home vs. Brighton. Brighton went into attack during a tie game with around 10 minutes left. I would think an away draw would be fine for them there, but they are ahead of me in the table right now.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrost32
Im just tired of the cpu teams never changing their formations depending on their personnel. If the CPU is going to go out and bring in cavani when they already have aguero and jovetic then you would think they would run some sort of offense with two strikers up top. No of course not, just stick with the 4-2-3-1 and bring aguero and jovetic off the bench which I highly doubt they even play that much. Same as liverpool, they should always be playing Balotelli and Sturridge up top always! And why does every team in the BPL play that 4-2-3-1 formation?
Yeah the AI really needs to do a better job of either buying players they actually need to fit the formation, or changing their formation as you suggest.

I was wondering (and I may actually test this tonight when I get home) if you create additional team sheets for the AI teams before you start your career, and use custom rosters to import then, will the CPU select different formations because then they would have multiple team sheets to pick from?

Knowing that it is FIFA, I kind of doubt it, however I was wondering if anyone tried this to see if it works.

Of course this would kind of a be a big pain in the *** to set up teams with multiple team sheets anyway, although you can create a few standard formations and import them to other teams pretty easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #16
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

More issues with this last night. If anyone plays with player lock on, it can really mess you up. Match was tied late and I tried to send my team into attack to get the win. My teammates took the ball to the corner flag to kill time.

I don't think this is isolated to player lock. Most likely if you are controlling the players yourself, you might not even notice your team was in 'park the bus' since you are moving the ball forward.

This situation just goes along with how the cpu team will also sometimes 'park the bus' when it is behind. All in all, it's a mess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »