Home

Messi impossible to buy in Career mode??

This is a discussion on Messi impossible to buy in Career mode?? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Messi impossible to buy in Career mode??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
I haven't gotten into the CM much yet, but I doubt there is a full block, but probably he's just made really expensive, which is realistic.
He makes 600k from Barca. I have tried to get him in multiple CM's. Barca accepts the transfer, then Messi won't accept any contract. I've gone all the way up to 1.5 million per week, with a 20% bonus per goal (which would bankrupt me but it was just for fun). Another person did 2 million per week with 20% per goal. Messi rejected both contracts, and every other contract I have ever offered.

It's never Barca that declines it. I'm not sure how much more expensive he can possibly be. 2,000,000 per week is about as expensive as you can get.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
He makes 600k from Barca. I have tried to get him in multiple CM's. Barca accepts the transfer, then Messi won't accept any contract. I've gone all the way up to 1.5 million per week, with a 20% bonus per goal (which would bankrupt me but it was just for fun). Another person did 2 million per week with 20% per goal. Messi rejected both contracts, and every other contract I have ever offered.

It's never Barca that declines it. I'm not sure how much more expensive he can possibly be. 2,000,000 per week is about as expensive as you can get.
I'd just be surprised if the makers went to the effort to have an extra setting for him. I'd think all guys would just use the same transfer logic, but I could be wrong. Who are you playing as? Maybe it's the prestige of their club vs. yours? Who knows though.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
I'd just be surprised if the makers went to the effort to have an extra setting for him. I'd think all guys would just use the same transfer logic, but I could be wrong. Who are you playing as? Maybe it's the prestige of their club vs. yours? Who knows though.
I've tried to get him with two Career Modes. One with Leeds United, and I've won the league 4 years in a row.

The other was with ManU, and I've have the same success with them. So it's not a prestige or success thing.

I've had guys reject contracts because they are loyal to their team. But then I offer them 100k more per week and they accept. There is literally no amount of money I've found that makes a difference in Messi's case. I've offered more than triple his weekly wage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

Im not a messi fan, I appreciate his skills, but has he played that good for you when in play now mode? Ive played with him numerous times on FUT, play now and he cant finish with his right, he seems to get pushed off the ball easily...Just stay cheap and get Jese rodriguez...I was a big fan of his on madrid before he was hurt and am ready for his come back to see if he gets any time/transferred but in my liverpool career mode he is killing it. Seems to always be in right spot, has a good amount of finishing ability, and of course is quick.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #13
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I get that, but it's a video game. There are a number of 'lifers' in real life that you can buy from their team in FIFA15. Yet with Messi, it's seemingly impossible.

Also, if there was ever a team that Barca would not sell Messi to, it would be RM.
Maybe they talked to messi and asked would you ever leave barca? And he said hell to the no I enjoy playing in a weak league on a super team and want to know i will play in the champions league every year lol
Old 11-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #14
Rookie

I tried experimenting with this, I was able to get him with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich (I had to offer a bit more money with Bayern but not much more). Real it cost me 900,000 Euro, and Bayern was 1,050,000 Euro (both at 20% per goal bonus also).

LOL at La Liga being a "weak league". They always have 4 spots in Champions League, teams like Sevilla win Europa League, the CL final was between 2 teams from La Liga, etc. Some of the lower teams may not be that great, but they are better than the "EPL" centric fans want to admit. And at the top it is clearly better than EPL it's not even a contest.

Last edited by burth179; 11-13-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #15
Rookie

I did some research with this as well with my ManU CM. I was never able to sign him in the summer transfer window for any price. Didn't matter how much I offered. However, I was able to sign him during the January window of that year after multiple tries. It took me $1,250,000 per week and a 5% goal bonus.

Once he was on the team I was looking at his traits for no good reason, (ie: Clinical Finisher) and I think I figured out the reason he is so hard to buy.

Messi has a trait called "One Squad Player" or something similar, which basically means he will always spend his career with one team. I've never seen that trait on anyone else before, even on other players who have played their whole career with one team. I will take a picture of it when I get home.

So, it's not impossible to get him, but its extremely difficult, and I think it's because of that trait. I'd be interest to see who else, if anyone, has that trait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
I did some research with this as well with my ManU CM. I was never able to sign him in the summer transfer window for any price. Didn't matter how much I offered. However, I was able to sign him during the January window of that year after multiple tries. It took me $1,250,000 per week and a 5% goal bonus.

Once he was on the team I was looking at his traits for no good reason, (ie: Clinical Finisher) and I think I figured out the reason he is so hard to buy.

Messi has a trait called "One Squad Player" or something similar, which basically means he will always spend his career with one team. I've never seen that trait on anyone else before, even on other players who have played their whole career with one team. I will take a picture of it when I get home.

So, it's not impossible to get him, but its extremely difficult, and I think it's because of that trait. I'd be interest to see who else, if anyone, has that trait.
Alot of player have the one club tag...Fletcher from MU, I believe Abbiatti from Milan..

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »