Home

FIFA Beginners Guide.

This is a discussion on FIFA Beginners Guide. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #33
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA Beginners Guide.

Any tips and tricks for basic gameplay mistakes that new people usually make? I've learned so far I can't just run to the corner and kick it to the middle for a header.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #34
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Any tips and tricks for basic gameplay mistakes that new people usually make? I've learned so far I can't just run to the corner and kick it to the middle for a header.
So far for me (new player this year) the ones I've had success with are; don't hold down sprint (use in short bursts) unless I'm barreling in for the keeper with wide open space, pass as soon as a player gets the ball in the midfield, use set peice routines on corners, don't make bonehead moves with the keeper on goal kicks (i.e. pass right to the opposing team).

Oh and, try not to take command of your defenders. They seem to play better when I don't control them!
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:21 AM   #35
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

Just to kind of reiterate what Chef Matt said.

One of the most beginner mistakes I see is getting players out of their position. Offensively, not so much, but defensively this is huge.

New players tend to panic when they don’t have the ball and the CPU is lurking around the box. The best way to defend is to control your Central Defensive Midfielder or your Central Midfielder depending on what formation you play.

But rather than moving your centre backs out of position, control your central midfielders and let them make the tackles and win the ball back. If all else fails and the CPU is in the box about to score, then control your back four defenders or anyone to get the ball cleared!

Just be patient and try not to get frustrated. You will get the ball back and when you do, you just have to put together the best attack you can. Keep possession, don’t be in such a rush to score, pass the ball around, wait for opportunities and create chances.

Not really a mistake but a tip, learn how to score from free kicks, it’s a huge part of my game, I’ve scored two-three times in a single game from free kicks. It’s also a really cool feeling when you score from a free kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #36
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0

Free kicks:
http://youtu.be/vWg7VRyMAXo
Old 01-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #37
Rookie

ShaggyUte's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
why? I'm pretty sure the AI doesn't feel bad for doing it all game long to me.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #38
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I started using the community sliders and am finally holding my own. My team is level 4 England, Carlisle United, and we've gotten crushed through September. I keep getting emails from the board about failing expectations...am I doomed? Should I restart? When do sackings occur?
Old 02-05-2015, 01:34 AM   #39
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Can you request more weekly wage funds? As FC Dallas I have $12 million in transfer funds, but can't afford to actually sign anyone worth trading for.

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 02-05-2015 at 02:44 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:12 AM   #40
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Can you request more weekly wage funds? As FC Dallas I have $12 million in transfer funds, but can't afford to actually sign anyone worth trading for.

You can request more transfer funds then convert them to your wage budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »