Home

FIFA Beginners Guide.

This is a discussion on FIFA Beginners Guide. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #49
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA Beginners Guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBunch88
I think that also depends on the players' moral? If they're unhappy because they're missing home or they feel as though they're too big for the team or underpaid. They're like petulant children you kinda need to give them what they want!

Sometimes it can be resolved and the player will come back and say "I'm really behind this team now" or something. Other times it's what happened to you that happens. And seemingly it can happen out of the blue. Like a shock transfer request and they'll say he wants out.

One way to resolve it, is to put him on the loan list. I had Nathaniel Chalobah who wanted out, I put him on loan, he didn't even get loaned out and he shut up!

But nevertheless, I'm sorry to hear you lost your best player, you have a replacement though right?
Luckily I had signed some quality guys and had a backup that wasn't as good, but played regularly. Wasn't too big of a loss.

Actually had it happen to my goalie too. They gave me just enough time to counter offers, but then still shipped him away for cheap. I cheated this time and went back to the beginning of the transfer period.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #50
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

So I have a question regarding positions, and players' dominant foot.

New to soccer (summer 14) and still trying to learn as much as I can.

I've already learned TONS in the past few months. My question is, what determines what side of the field players play on (i.e. RW vs LW or RM vs LM)?

I find that when I want to cut in with a midfielder, I'd rather have a L foot dominant player on the right side of the field so that he's cutting in with his dominant foot. Also vice versa, have a R dominant player so as to cut in from the left on attack.

Or, using the base 4-5-1 with 2 CAM. I'd like a L footed CAM on the right side of my ST, and a R footed CAM on the left.

Am I going about this the wrong way?
Old 02-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #51
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

I've already learned TONS in the past few months. My question is, what determines what side of the field players play on (i.e. RW vs LW or RM vs LM)?

I find that when I want to cut in with a midfielder, I'd rather have a L foot dominant player on the right side of the field so that he's cutting in with his dominant foot. Also vice versa, have a R dominant player so as to cut in from the left on attack.

Or, using the base 4-5-1 with 2 CAM. I'd like a L footed CAM on the right side of my ST, and a R footed CAM on the left.

No! You have it exactly right. Depending on the player, I either cut in or push forward. You have developed a style you like. You should stick with it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #52
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

History lesson! Back in the good old days of football / soccer where footballers would have their necks broken (literally) and still play on. A right footed player would play on the right and a left footed player would play on the left. Why? Because the right winger would cross the ball into the box for the big striker to head home. Same with the left winger.
Then wingers disappeared for a while, out of fashion and you had right midfielders and left midfielders like David Beckham and Ryan Giggs.

But then wingers made a comeback playing on the "wrong" sides. Left footer on the right wing and a right footer on the left wing. Why? Because - IMO - players could cut into the final third and take a shot on goal. Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Eden Hazard. Their speed and agility to play on the wing, also makes them good for a striker too. And in some cases like Antonio Valencia, can run back and help the defenders, depending on the formation. This is why in FIFA, I like to run a 3-5-2 essentially, you start off with 3 defenders on the attack and the wingers can act as two more strikers who cut in the box, so you could have 4 strikers really! Plus the CAM who controls the pace of the game, creates chances and is the quarterback of the offence. Whilst you have 3 defenders and two holding midfielders. So it plays out like a 3-2-5 formation! Very attacking.

On the flip side, in defence, the two wingers can comeback and help the defenders making it a 5 man defence as well as your two holding midfielders. So you've got like a 7-1-2 formation! 7 players defending!

Kinda moving off topic but look at Bayern Munich and their formation. You'll often see they play Rafinha in a winger role but he's also defensive, so he can comeback and defend too.

But what you have is fantastic! I just always like to have a player who is so versatile he can play anywhere. For me in my Nott'm Forest career Michael Mancienne was a great versatile player and so is Oliver Sorg. Whilst he says he can play RB or LB I've played him everywhere except striker or goalkeeper and he's been awesome. So maybe experiment with that?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #53
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBunch88
History lesson! Back in the good old days of football / soccer where footballers would have their necks broken (literally) and still play on. A right footed player would play on the right and a left footed player would play on the left. Why? Because the right winger would cross the ball into the box for the big striker to head home. Same with the left winger.
Then wingers disappeared for a while, out of fashion and you had right midfielders and left midfielders like David Beckham and Ryan Giggs.

But then wingers made a comeback playing on the "wrong" sides. Left footer on the right wing and a right footer on the left wing. Why? Because - IMO - players could cut into the final third and take a shot on goal. Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Eden Hazard. Their speed and agility to play on the wing, also makes them good for a striker too. And in some cases like Antonio Valencia, can run back and help the defenders, depending on the formation. This is why in FIFA, I like to run a 3-5-2 essentially, you start off with 3 defenders on the attack and the wingers can act as two more strikers who cut in the box, so you could have 4 strikers really! Plus the CAM who controls the pace of the game, creates chances and is the quarterback of the offence. Whilst you have 3 defenders and two holding midfielders. So it plays out like a 3-2-5 formation! Very attacking.

On the flip side, in defence, the two wingers can comeback and help the defenders making it a 5 man defence as well as your two holding midfielders. So you've got like a 7-1-2 formation! 7 players defending!

Kinda moving off topic but look at Bayern Munich and their formation. You'll often see they play Rafinha in a winger role but he's also defensive, so he can comeback and defend too.

But what you have is fantastic! I just always like to have a player who is so versatile he can play anywhere. For me in my Nott'm Forest career Michael Mancienne was a great versatile player and so is Oliver Sorg. Whilst he says he can play RB or LB I've played him everywhere except striker or goalkeeper and he's been awesome. So maybe experiment with that?
Fantastic insight mate! Much appreciated...as always
Old 02-11-2015, 08:32 AM   #54
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

"Wrong-footed" wingers and mids are so much fun to watch. Arjen Robben is a one of the masters at playing that role.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #55
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Will other clubs ever try to hire you, or will better jobs ever open up? I've won two championships in a row after three years with FC Dallas. My first step is to bump up a level in difficulty and play a season. Then try make my way to a club where a 74 rated striker isn't a top player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #56
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Will other clubs ever try to hire you, or will better jobs ever open up? I've won two championships in a row after three years with FC Dallas. My first step is to bump up a level in difficulty and play a season. Then try make my way to a club where a 74 rated striker isn't a top player.

I have been offered in the EPL. I was Southampton and was offered by Liverpool. You can also look for job openings. This might be the better route for you. I'm unsure if anyone will offer you outside of MLS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »