Home

FIFA 14 vs FIFA 15 vs PES 2015 on PS4???? (PLEASE HELP)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 vs FIFA 15 vs PES 2015 on PS4???? (PLEASE HELP) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 14 vs FIFA 15 vs PES 2015 on PS4???? (PLEASE HELP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
If you play career mode, then there is something you should know about PES. It does not have the BPL fully licensed. Every team in the BPL has the correct player names and faces, but only Manchester United has the correct team name and uniforms. If you are a fan of the Bundesliga, it isn't in the game at all. Some of the teams from the Bundesliga are in the game, but not many. If you play La Liga, you're good. If you play Ligue 1, you're good. If you play Serie A, you're good... If you're a South American player, I think PES has that covered well.

If you play BPL, you can edit the team names easy enough yourself. You can also edit the uniforms, and they will look pretty good, but that will take about an hour or so to do (there are video guides online).

If the above still sounds acceptable to you... Get PES. Career mode in Fifa gets stale fast as every team plays almost exactly the same as any other, save for the difficulty level they are set for. In PES, the menu's aren't great and the career mode lacks polish compared to Fifa, but the gameplay is great with very different play styles from team to team.

If you want to look at it from a longevity point of view, you will probably get tired of Fifa's gameplay first.

I'm saying this as a long time Fifa player. I was very disappointed in the "upgrade" from Fifa 14 to 15. If you've played 14's career mode, you have played 15 (no exaggeration).

So in my original post...I was thinking to save money is FIFA 14 something that would hold me over until 15 drops in price or until 16???? That is kind of what I am thinking..... FIFA 14
Old 11-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
Rookie

olliekse's Arena

OVR: 0

licences don't mean $hit. If you want to play the best driving simulator - you don't care about the badge on the car. Stupid reason to dismiss the best footie simulator in years.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzyne
So in my original post...I was thinking to save money is FIFA 14 something that would hold me over until 15 drops in price or until 16???? That is kind of what I am thinking..... FIFA 14
FIFA 14 is a good game. I think 15 is better, but it isn't incredibly revolutionary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliekse
licences don't mean $hit. If you want to play the best driving simulator - you don't care about the badge on the car. Stupid reason to dismiss the best footie simulator in years.
Glad you like it. Others may prefer a more polished game that is easier to navigate.

Each person gets to make up their own mind, that's why we live in a free country.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Absolutely. 15 did improve upon 14, but I was disappointed paying full price for something that could have been a $20 DLC pack. There is nothing in 15 that I would say makes it a must buy for 14 owners. So if you come across a heavily discounted 15 pick it up, otherwise hold off.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have played Both.
If you are looking at Licenses, Online(FUT) or BPL in general fifa 15.

If you are looking at gameplay and single player offline experience PES.

If you are wanting fifa but dont care about the BPL upgrade go with 14.

I honestly think 14 was a better gameplay package than fifa 15 but everyone is biased. You can ask 50 people and get 50 different answers.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
I will be in Career Mode the entire time.... I play at home by myself when time permits!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
28 y/o married w/ 2 children under 3--I feel you brother
Ever notice you can put your little one down for a nap one day and do housework and he will sleep for a good solid hour. But try the same thing and pick up your ps4 controller and he will wake up before kick-off?

Anyway, I love FIFA15, the BPL is all I play so the licensing was a huge deal for me. Don't trust the demos they rarely play like the full game. Honestly I don't think you'll be disappointed with either, but for me it's FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #16
Rookie

Trustpt's Arena

OVR: 5

As a lifelong fan of the PES series I have to say even though I love PES2015's gameplay, I'd pick FIFA over PES if you can only get one of them, it's the more complete package. Besides I don't like Konami's approach to career mode and since that's where I spend most of time on it's an easy call for me. PES on the other hand is TREMENDOUSLY fun gameplay wise and it's the game to pick if you plan to play mostly with friends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »