Home

My suggestions for improving career mode

This is a discussion on My suggestions for improving career mode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #9
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: My suggestions for improving career mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBunch88
I agree to a certain extent. EA are lazy and if they can get away with doing the least amount of effort and calling it a video game, then, they will!
I'd wager that the people who actually work on the FIFA series work very hard and want to make the best game possible, so saying that they're lazy and give the "least effort" is really insulting. The same goes for most other games, whether EA or indie.

The QA failures and mode stagnation come from a lack of resources and lack of time, neither of which are the choice of the people who actually grind out long days (and nights) working on the game, but start with people sitting behind desks and boardroom tables elsewhere.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBunch88
If you're really into simulation games you should try Football Manager. I haven't played it for years because it's highly addictive! FIFA, you can drift in and out, but Football Manager, it's like all the time you want to play it.

As far as football simulation and managing a real team, that's as close as it gets!

The only problem with that is, you don't play the games, you can watch the games played out, but you can't play each game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
I'd wager that the people who actually work on the FIFA series work very hard and want to make the best game possible, so saying that they're lazy and give the "least effort" is really insulting. The same goes for most other games, whether EA or indie.

The QA failures and mode stagnation come from a lack of resources and lack of time, neither of which are the choice of the people who actually grind out long days (and nights) working on the game, but start with people sitting behind desks and boardroom tables elsewhere.
I just wanted to 2nd both of these posts. Football Manager is awesome. FIFA's nice, but it just can't compare.

And they definitely aren't lazy. Most of the time problems you see in software is due to poor decision making, leadership, or planning, not an execution problem.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #11
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0

Milrod22, how big would the roster be in "your FIFA?"
We currently have 42. That includes loaned players.
You need 22 on your rotation, IMO.I would imagine you would need 20 on the U21 team. That leaves no room for anyone else. So FIFA should move to a 50 man roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #12
Rookie

stupu43's Arena

I totally agree with all the suggestions, surely the consoles are now powerful enough to handle a bit more in depth detail?

also, i agree that the game developers arent lazy, however, career mode has been the same for a couple of years now.

hopefully fifa 16 there will be a significant change!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #13
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

I mean one huge improvement that would be that hard to so is to at least give the next gen users more stats so we can scout better. And the lack of international stats are annoying because the international game is very important to the soccer world. At least career goals total for everyone
Old 12-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

A lot of great ideas here. The handball bug really gets me, it has cost me at least one game.
The big thing that I want to see is to tone down the emails from the board of directors. I am getting hate email from them while I comfortably sit in third, 4 points out of first, in the BPL. Then again, clubs like Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid do go through managers like crazy.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #15
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbrs04
The big thing that I want to see is to tone down the emails from the board of directors. I am getting hate email from them while I comfortably sit in third, 4 points out of first, in the BPL.
I got a dreaded vote of confidence e-mail after four matches -- all wins -- with Man U, because apparently there was a feeling that I wasn't fit for the job.

Ironically I then restarted on a higher difficulty and I have the same squad at 0-4-1 in league (although I did win my opening Capital One Cup match using my rotated squad sheet against Arsenal's usual guys) and I haven't had any e-mails from the board.

So I think the e-mail/job security system is a little wonky and could use a tune-up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 05:07 AM   #16
Rookie

stupu43's Arena

I get the board of directors emails quite a lot, they seem to review alot but never make any changes. in my career with vallodolid, i got promotion in my first season then finished 3rd in my second, with me leading the majority of the season in 1st place. surely if they are reviewing they could be like 'oh, we're top so lets give him more money to spend in january to ensure we stay here' but they never come back with anything.

If EA looked at forums (not sure if they do) i would like to know why they are hardly updating career mode.

The global transfer network is a good update, not knowing every players stats is cool, but surely i shouldnt need to scout messi and ronaldo to find out how good they are? some kind of talent level relating to your team could be interesting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »