Home

EA's cheat sheet to a better Career Mode

This is a discussion on EA's cheat sheet to a better Career Mode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA's cheat sheet to a better Career Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybill
Thank you for this. I was considering buying this game, now I won't.

I play offline career mode exclusively in EA sports games. I am sick of how they are ignoring that mode. The constant money grubbing with MUT in Madden made me stop turning on that game.
Nah, man, don't let us turn you off the game COMPLETELY. Even with these problems, I'd still highly recommend it. Just wish they had the things that have been listed, that's all. It's STILL the funnest sports game I've ever played. I think you would enjoy it. You could probably catch it at a good price these days, too.
#WeAreND
Old 12-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #10
Rookie

andybill's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Nah, man, don't let us turn you off the game COMPLETELY. Even with these problems, I'd still highly recommend it. Just wish they had the things that have been listed, that's all. It's STILL the funnest sports game I've ever played. I think you would enjoy it. You could probably catch it at a good price these days, too.

I am sorry, I should have listed more details. I played the heck out of FIFA14. I thought there were some problems with owner Career mode (notably the transfer scouting), and was looking to see if those had been addressed in FIFA15.

This post informed me that they have not, and that the offline career mode had been neglected relative to other modes in FIFA15. Thus, I do not want to buy it.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10

I have an eight-tab Excel spreadsheet that I use to track my players, transfers, stats etc. While this is fun (I really do enjoy it) it's crazy that it's almost 2015 and the game can't (doesn't) do this for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #12
Rookie

stupu43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
I have an eight-tab Excel spreadsheet that I use to track my players, transfers, stats etc. While this is fun (I really do enjoy it) it's crazy that it's almost 2015 and the game can't (doesn't) do this for me.
i like your dedication! and as much as i love that idea, i just don't have the time to put that kind of effort into a game, that liek you say, should be able to do this for us!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #13
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

It's a small thing but quite a big thing in a way - you should get a default intake of local youth players every year into your youth academy like on football manager.

At least that would go some way to solving the issue that nationality doesn't matter.

If I'm Leeds I want a majority of English youngsters, if I'm Dortmund I want a German youth intake.

Yes you should still be able to scout around, but it should be harder to sign youth players from other countries.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
I'm big on this too. I have found recently, that FIFA does keep up with your team's moves. Go to the tab "sell players." Right stick. It will give you all the moves your team has made. In fact, it gives you the most recent moves your team made before FIFA 15. EX: I use Southampton. It shows how much the transfer for Mane, Tadic, Mayuka, Long, Forster.

I would like to add my very small, but very huge change to the game.
Change player roles! You can base it off overalls or pay, but there is no reason a 16 year old 58 overall has an "Important" role on Southampton!
Maybe if a player breaks 70 they become important. Or pay: Break 10,000 a week you are sporadic, 20,000 rotation, 30,000 important, 40,000 crucial. I want to keep the first window closed, but I have a team full of cry babies that think they are "important" when most are "future starters" at best. I went through every contract and every player on Southampton is "Important" or "Crucial."
I'm going to start a new career today. I'm going to try to resign my non important players with "no role." I'm curious to see how much money I will loss trying to fix EA's slip up.
By my count: 34 total (not including loaned out/loaned in).
15 should have "future starter" or no role. Maybe 3 should have "rotation player." Leaving 16 with "Crucial" or "Important."

Update: I was able to resign 15 players to reasonable roles. It cost me 40,000 in wages.......not expectable. I guess I need to leave the first window open and loan, loan, loan, loan......

Last edited by snyder5man; 12-19-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #15
Pro

boxers's Arena

I agree with this.

But can we please keep in mind that FIFA has to simulate and keep track of stats for roughly 15 leagues and over 3000 players. NBA, NHL and the rest of the major North American sports games don't have anywhere close to that amount of players/teams/leagues/trophies/prospects to keep track of. Even with the extra horsepower of next-gen consoles, that is still a lot of pressure to put on the CPU during simulations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #16
Rookie

flo182's Arena

I've also been playing FIFA over the last years (mostly offline - career mode - and because Konami stopped producing quality football games after PES 6) but I think if they dont do a big overhaul in FIFA 16 I'm finally done with it.

All the things you pointed out which would make a great career mode are things we wished for so long now and EA is doing **** about.

If they'd just have a look at Nba 2k's career mode and would just implement half of the features with half the effort, FIFA's career mode would be sooo much better.

But I've given up hope, seems like gaming nowadays is all about modes like UT where you first pay for the game and then pay to get better in game and it's all about competition.

I'd pay 100$ for an offline FIFA if they'd just put some heart in it.

But what am I complaining about...Seems like I have to stick with NBA 2k, they actually do care about their customers whilst making profit and making a game they love.

With EA I got the feeling its all about profit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »