Home

First timer with possibly dumb questions.

This is a discussion on First timer with possibly dumb questions. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
First timer with possibly dumb questions.

I have never played a soccer game until I played FIFA 15 on the PS4 the other night and I was quite impressed. So fun, in fact that I decided to buy it. I don't know many teams but I do know the the English Premiere League is the best league in the world. However, I'm a huge Chicago sports nut. I'd really like to play as the Chicago Fire in the MLS. My question, which is probably a dumb one that I probably already know the answer to. How does relegation work? Is it even possible for an American team to get into the EPL? I would assume the EPL is only English teams. But then again, I don't have any idea how this stuff works.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 02:07 AM   #2
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: First timer with possibly dumb questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I have never played a soccer game until I played FIFA 15 on the PS4 the other night and I was quite impressed. So fun, in fact that I decided to buy it. I don't know many teams but I do know the the English Premiere League is the best league in the world. However, I'm a huge Chicago sports nut. I'd really like to play as the Chicago Fire in the MLS. My question, which is probably a dumb one that I probably already know the answer to. How does relegation work? Is it even possible for an American team to get into the EPL? I would assume the EPL is only English teams. But then again, I don't have any idea how this stuff works.
The Premiership is only for English teams.

As far as relegation goes, I'll use the England as an example. The bottom 3 teams in the Premiership get relegated to the Football League Championship. The top 2 teams of the Championship are automatically promoted to the Premiership. The teams that come in 3rd to 6th are involved in a playoff. The winner of the playoff is also promoted.
Now the top 4 teams in the EPL (now BPL), get to play in the Champions League against the other top teams in Europe, and the 5th place team goes to the Europa League, which is like the NIT of Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Ch..._League#Format

In the English system, you can literally go from being a BPL team, to a local Sunday afternoon bar team.

The wiki page does a great job explaining:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English..._league_system

Most European leagues run a similar system.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
Rookie

To directly answer your question -- You are playing a team in the MLS, and will be subject to their rules. You do not take a team to the Premiership. In the MLS, there are not lower leagues, yet, so there is no relegation/advancement in the US... yet (as in real life).

So, as the Chicago fire, you will play for the MLS Cup, and another cup (forgot what it was), through out the season. You will also have a salary cap of about 4.1M - 4.3M USD. Therefore, you will never be able to buy a Euro-top caliber player, but you can buy some less expensive players and get some youth talent from your Youth Scouting system. I only played briefly with the MLS teams, so I didn't recall seeing the Designated players nor the Super Draft: http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...nd-regulations

If you want the full experience the game has to offer, I would start with a Euro League 2 Team to attempt to take them to the Premier League (League 2 --> League 1 --> Champions --> Premier). Relegation/Advancement only happens at the end of every season to the bottom/top teams in each league, and you also have more tournaments happening during the season (+ more money to buy people).

Good luck, and enjoy!

Last edited by dowroa; 12-25-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

This game is truly set up for the EPL. I really wanted to get into "our" league, but EPL is much more fun. That being said, you can put Fire into the EPL (you have to move an EPL team to MLS).
Old 12-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Rookie

You can? It would be interesting moving them to League 2.

Do they still have a 4.1M USD budget, or does that ever grow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Does FIFA 15 have the Champions League?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 12-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
Rookie

GingaGeordie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Does FIFA 15 have the Champions League?
Yes, but not officially licensed, PES has the licence for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. Fifa have the Champions Cup and Europa Cup instead. Exact same format, just without the authentic logos/trophies etc.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
Rookie

If you play a season in say the SPL, can you drop your last place team(say Aberdeen) after the season to Rest of the World and add Rangers? Then the next year drop a team and add Aberdeen? Anyone tried this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »