Home

Is FIFA always on? (X1)

This is a discussion on Is FIFA always on? (X1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Is FIFA always on? (X1)

Silly question ... is FIFA always running on the X1?

I turned off my console ... when I came back the next day, it seems that FIFA was still running and where I had left it. I thought that when I turned off the console, that FIFA would also turn off ... and that I would have to "start it up" again the next time I played it.

Is there any way to "close" FIFA when I am done playing?

Is this a new feature for the X1?

Can I turn this off?

----

I am sort of mixed on whether or not I like this feature ...

I have always wanted something that I call "Dad mode" - in which I can stop an in-progress game at any point (because someone woke up from nap, or spilled something, or broke something, etc.) and pick up at the point that I had left sometime later in the future (even if the future is the next day). It seems that this is exactly what just happened to me - even if it was not something that I was expecting.

However ... I admit that I occasionally get super mad at FIFA (CPU scores twice at 88' and 90+ to win it ... we have all been there!) and I like to simply quit out of the game entirely (cheating, I know, to effectively get a second chance to play the same fixture in my career mode).

---

Is it possible for me to win twice? Can I get "Dad mode" and rage-quitting?

:-)

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Rookie

GingaGeordie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is FIFA always on? (X1)

Depends on how you turn your console "off", if you simply tap or swipe the console, or turn off with controller, then it isn't actually off, it just goes into a sort of power saver mode. To do a full switch off of the console, hold down the X logo on the console for around 10 seconds.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

OK.

So - I imagine it is totally OK for the hardware and the game if it is left "sort of on" in the power-saver mode? The X1 is not making any noise or generating any heat in this power-saver mode ...

Thanks.

So this seems to mean that, if I still want to rage-quit, I need to actually get up and hold the XBox logo button on the console ...

I can work with that.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
Rookie

GingaGeordie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
OK.

So - I imagine it is totally OK for the hardware and the game if it is left "sort of on" in the power-saver mode? The X1 is not making any noise or generating any heat in this power-saver mode ...

Thanks.

So this seems to mean that, if I still want to rage-quit, I need to actually get up and hold the XBox logo button on the console ...

I can work with that.
I never like rage-quitting but the quickest way to rage quit is to just press the Xbox logo button on the controller to go Home, then hover over FIFA 15 and press the menu button, it gives the option to completely quit the game and then can restart without turning console off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »