Home

Career Mode Help

This is a discussion on Career Mode Help within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 05:55 AM   #1
Rookie

azy19's Arena

OVR: 0
Career Mode Help

So I have a FIFA 15 career mode as Real Madrid (I know it's not the most fun team to play with, but I have been a big supporter of them for a long time and have always made my Career Modes with them) and I have quite a few talented youngsters coming from my youth academy. The problem is that I don't really have enough space for them in my squad. I have lent a few away but they don't seem to be growing. I did send Marco Asensio away on a loan even on the second year and he has been growing a lot (he has the "Has potential to be special" potential). Some of the ones I have on the bench and play a bit grow but some of them don't, why is this? I also purchased Kovacic but he hasn't grown a single point since I purchased him and I have had him for around 2 seasons now, does anybody know how to fix this? Also, does anybody have any suggestions on how I should play my youngsters, considering 1 of them is LW like Ronaldo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Career Mode Help

Well first and foremost your players won’t grow if you don’t play them, that’s not an attack at you or anyone, in general just like in real life, players don’t get better just by sitting on the bench. Ok in NFL back ups get better because they learn constantly but in football / soccer it’s time spent on the pitch that does them the best of good.

So with that out the way let’s get to it.

Loaning - if you’re loaning out your youth players make sure they’re in different leagues than the one your in. So you’re Real Madrid, don’t loan them to any team in La Liga. Why? Because the players you’re loaning have their gameplay affected. Sometimes they’ll be playing poor, other times, they’re playing well. Whereas if you loaned your LW Ronaldo 2.0 to Manchester United for example, his gameplay won’t be affected. The thing to remember is when it’s affected they won’t grow as much as they would’ve done at a different club in a different league than your own.

You have a lot of players in your team? Why not set up a “reserve team” ? In real life Real Madrid have “Castilla” which is their reserve team, not sure if it’s in FIFA. But this was a great idea by a user on here, I can’t remember his name. Anyways what he does and what I now do is select an MLS team (because most players in the MLS never really leave the club as much as other players do) and start sending your promising young players over there to grow. Not only will they get constant game time and break into the first team, they’ll grow quicker. I sent one player over to my MLS reserve team NY Red Bulls, he was rated 69 OVR, next season BAM! 74 OVR!!! a whole 5 increase over one season.

A few notes on that, I tend to do it during the summer transfer window as opposed to the winter one, because I’ve noticed that the player potential can change during the winter one, but usually doesn’t during the summer one, not sure if this is a glitch or what.
So how do you send them to your reserve team? Lets’ say you have your Ronaldo 2.0 and your reserve team is LA Galaxy, you could send Ronaldo over to LA Galaxy for one of their players, 9/10 you won’t have to pay a transfer fee and the USA player wages are cheap, like £2,225 so you do a straight swap, after that, go to search player and search for your Ronaldo 2.0 and then add him to your shortlist, from there you can keep track on him and get your scouts to check him out now and then to see how much he’s grown.
Also, as a side / fun benefit, your reserve team will eventually be stacked with your youth players and your reserve team will be at the top of the table! Because they have the most talent. First season for me NY Red Bulls finished mid table but after that they keep winning the MLS league, it’s cool!
Make sure you do this method with a rich team or a team you’ve built up into a rich team. No good doing this method with a team like Rochdale with a low transfer fund because you have to buy your players back, I spent something crazy like £35,000,000 on a goalkeeper! And that was with a player added to the transfer as well!

Finally, the players you do keep in your squad play them in cup games or lesser important games. Real Madrid, play them in the early stages of the Euro Cup or against lower teams in La Liga. They’ll get game time and grow and if you lose it’s not a big deal right? Squad rotation is key and try not to have a massive squad, I’ve had a 42 player squad before, so hard to keep everyone happy! So send some away on loan, send some to your reserve team, keep some and play them in lesser important games. A good number is 25-30 players in your squad during a season.

Hope this helps man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »