Home

Going to be buying Fifa 15 soon - few questions

This is a discussion on Going to be buying Fifa 15 soon - few questions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Going to be buying Fifa 15 soon - few questions

Hey all, about to buy Fifa 15, but I do have a few questions.

How are the broadcasters in Fifa 15? Playing Fifa 14, curious to know the improvements. What bugged me in the last version is that they always sided with the refs and never question them. Another thing that I hated is the repetitiveness... like "oh ho that was a bit of panic, but he got it away" and the offside calls "When they look back at the tape they'll realize the ref made a good call". I think these are funny because I'm very suprised that the broadcasters never question the referee's calls.

Another thing... Is the officiating any better in Fifa 15? In Fifa 14, the ref would stop play and call a foul for even the slighest problems that would not normally be called in real life(in my opinion). For instance, one thing that bugs the heck out of me is that the ref will call a foul on my player after I attempt a slide tackle. Sounds real life, right? Sure, but sometimes the player will never even lose balance/fall to the ground and the ref will still give me a foul or a yellow. I remember once I tried a standing tackle, fell to the ground, and was given a yellow. The player I tried to tackle never even got nicked up... WTF.

While I do agree refs have their own preferences on how the game should be played, but I have had many bad experiences with the officiating(maybe 1 out of 10 times the ref will side with me and give the other player the foul), along with the Broadcasters(not them, just what they have to say).The refereeing just makes the game close to un-playable for me, which is why I tend to mostly simulate my managerial games rather than play them.

I really don't have any other complaints about Fifa 14 to be honest. I absolutely love the graphics and the gameplay, it's just that the officiating and broadcasting ruins my experience(although I still play the heck out of the game)

Thanks for the responses!

Last edited by bsurocksrule; 04-04-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Going to be buying Fifa 15 soon - few questions

To be short and simple, those things are clearly better this year. Commentary is not revolutionary, but a bit better. The overall environment of matches is spot on, and the referee decisions are pretty well balanced. They call for a lot of CPU fouls too, and penalties.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

OVR: 1

If you play career mode the commentary may get strange once you get past the first season as there are a lot of programmed references to the 2014 World Cup and last year in general with certain teams and players.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:53 AM   #4
Just started!

well,programmed references to the 2014 World Cup and last year in general with certain teams and players.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #5
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm considering buying FIFA 15 soon as well. I've got one question.

I've enjoyed FIFA 14. But playing the FIFA 15 demo I was very underwhelmed and didn't really enjoy it. Is the final version an improvement? I know people say the patches already made a big difference alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Rookie

The commentary in Fifa is pretty subpar in all honesty. You'll hear tons of one liners several times a game "Oh thats a real tussle for the ball right there!" for example. I wish EA would do what 2k does and have the commentators have actual conversations about the teams and players between the commentators but thats probably not possible because of all the languages.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #7
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

In terms of commentating I appreciate that they've added the talking points of how a team did in their last game plus who they're coming up against in the next fixture.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the responses guys. Only thing keeping me from buying FIFA 15 is the officiating. Does the ref call more fouls/yellows on the CPU this year? The ref is almost always in favor of the CPU in 14. Whenever I play games, the CPU always gets more free kicks than I do. Of course the CPU doesn't know how to play aggressive the way I do, but I kinda expected the other team I play against to get more fouls, etc. than they usually do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »