Home

Talking Points - Youth Academy (Pre-May / Post-May Call-ups)

This is a discussion on Talking Points - Youth Academy (Pre-May / Post-May Call-ups) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2015, 09:11 PM   #9
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Talking Points - Youth Academy (Pre-May / Post-May Call-ups)

Search bamastriker on YouTube. He has put a ton of time looking into this. I promote as soon as they are available if it's a player with large potential. That said, some post may players will see physical growth start around 23-24 years old. The entire may bump system is absolutely stupid though. It amazes me a once a year progression was ever a thought.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #10
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
Search bamastriker on YouTube. He has put a ton of time looking into this. I promote as soon as they are available if it's a player with large potential. That said, some post may players will see physical growth start around 23-24 years old. The entire may bump system is absolutely stupid though. It amazes me a once a year progression was ever a thought.
Good find. I just don't know if I want to fool with investigating this now, so late in the '15 cycle.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Good find. I just don't know if I want to fool with investigating this now, so late in the '15 cycle.
The cynic in me says that may as well figure this out now so you know what to look for before diving deep on '16.

Oh...and thanks to this thread, I've started a new YA based career. A few things I'll note:
1 - OMG its amazing to have YA players with some pace (excluding bugged wingers). My best is a currently 17 YO CF who although is only ~63 OVR is up to 79 SPD/79 ACC. Up 6 each in his first year!
2 - This definitely takes more patience as some guys come out LOW. I'm waiting for my 45 OVR CB that i just snagged (should be high potential - was 83-94) and is 6'7". He is already gaining in physicals after 1 month and if he hits a decent OVR should be a BEAST in the center. But....for now...what to do with a 45 OVR player....
3 - Why does FIFA just LOVE to now give me 15 YO players in april who otherwise look beastly. Makes me so sad knowing they'll be gimped if I keep them.
4 - After doing some testing, I'm seeing guys fall into 1 of 3 categories:

A - Huge physical growth. These guys get at least a small bump in the physical category on the first monthly update. At the end of a full year they are growing 3-6 in each category of physical stats.
B - Mild physical growth. Takes a few months to get a small bump and end the year with ~1-2 in each category.
C - No physical growth. Just like the post mays. No growth through a few seasons. May get a small bump later in life but not worth it starting so much lower.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

--------------------

A - Huge physical growth. These guys get at least a small bump in the physical category on the first monthly update. At the end of a full year they are growing 3-6 in each category of physical stats.
B - Mild physical growth. Takes a few months to get a small bump and end the year with ~1-2 in each category.
C - No physical growth. Just like the post mays. No growth through a few seasons. May get a small bump later in life but not worth it starting so much lower.
--------------------

Do you find that which players fall into which bin depends on ...
(a) player position?
(b) player type (attacker / winger / physically strong / etc.)?
(c) player age?
(d) something else?

Mostly because if there was a way to know if someone is going to be a "no physical growth" kind of player ... then I might as well let that player go through the May update and at least get some sweet technical stats.

- - - - -

You are also correct that it is a bummer that you really need to stash "future stars" on your proper senior roster. If there was a way for me to know that someone was going to get great balanced growth across all regions ... I could be more willing to "gamble" and consume a roster spot.

- - - - -

I am glad that others have also become interested in this unusual wrinkle with YA.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:11 PM   #13
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
The cynic in me says that may as well figure this out now so you know what to look for before diving deep on '16.
I def. see your point, however, I wonder if this (these?) issue(s) will be present on '16? If I knew they were for sure, I'd definitely invest the time now...
Old 06-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
--------------------

--------------------

(a) player position?
(c) player age?
(d) something else?

Mostly because if there was a way to know if someone is going to be a "no physical growth" kind of player ... then I might as well let that player go through the May update and at least get some sweet technical stats.

- - - - -

You are also correct that it is a bummer that you really need to stash "future stars" on your proper senior roster. If there was a way for me to know that someone was going to get great balanced growth across all regions ... I could be more willing to "gamble" and consume a roster spot.

- - - - -

I am glad that others have also become interested in this unusual wrinkle with YA.
(a) player position?
(c) player age?
(d) something else?

I haven't done a ton of testing, but it seems completely random (other than goalies).

I tested a ton of winger (not bugged WB) players and have seen from gold level players:
1/2 RW are growing well.
1/2 LW are growing well.
2/2 LM are growing well
1/6 RM is growing some (~2-3 each category per year). 5/6 no growth. RM haunts me.
3/4 CF/CAM growing well.

For defensive minded:
4/5 CDM are growing well
1/3 LB are growing well
2/5 RB are growing well

For physically strong:
2/5 CB are growing well

All of these players are very high potential (i'm reloading reports to test)
All Mids & forwards came in high 50s to low 60s OVR
All CDMs & defenders came in high 40s to mid 50s OVR

Most are 16/17 - upon promotion - no trending there.

So basically - I can't put my finger on it. Seems to be completely random from what I can see.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 06-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #15
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

Restarting a new manager mode today after not playing since Feb.

What an amazing revelation. It also goes to show how sloppy EA is. I cant believe this bug exists. It's actually really pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrrTYuKeYjE

Worth watching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #16
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

My work around. It feels a little cheesy but Meh.

I made ten outfield players all 44 years old. Put them in Korea, with 85 ratings. They will retire and the regens will be easy to find.... Then voila.

That will be my first crop of youth... Then by the time they get a tad older in my mm other regens wil be available

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »