Home

12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Included

This is a discussion on 12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is great! My daughter will love being able to play with the US women's team now.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #58
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Re: 12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Inclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
I think it is great. You should have seen the look of joy in my daughter's face. Soccer is the only sport she sort of follows, an she doesn't play sports games. Her immediate reaction was that we have to buy the game.
Yeah, a co-worker of mine who has a soccer-playing daughter had a similar reaction when I told him the news. I think sometimes we need to remind ourselves that not every decision in this world revolves around us.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #59
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 12 Women's National Teams are in FIFA 16, Releases September 22nd - Trailer Inclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Percentage wise I'd bet soup for beans that the ratio of gamers to non gamers is dramatically skewed towards the non when it comes to women. They never have and never will be gamers, just not wired like us. So why waste resources on a niche group? Because there's a World Cup this year? It's stupid. Besides, I'm married lol.
This will change in the future as gaming companies look to attract more women/family gamers with content geared towards them. My wife uses my XB1 just as frequently as I do and I'd imagine my daughter will when she gets bigger and grows up with video games. Video games, while still dominated by men/boys are getting more demographically diverse.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:52 PM   #60
Rookie

I'd rather have more smaller stadiums and more teams without those generic keeper kits the smaller leagues get.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:52 PM   #61
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I've mixed feelings about this feature.

At first I don't like it because, as some have mentioned earlier, it takes resources (money and time) from other things that are needed like Be a Pro, Manager mode or even teams and players. I mean, there are a lot of generic players in the game who look completely awful compared to those scans who could use more time and dedication into them to make them look somewhat realistic, I barely play with smaller teams I like because I can't stand playing with poor representation of the players. Plus EA could've used that money to add other male national teams like more African nations or even license some of the ones they currently have, although it could be a good thing those aren't licensed because it'd lock Konami to have them if they wanted. I may even be thinking too much about it because it's still possible that they added more teams and give leagues like La Liga the EPL treatment from FIFA 15, I still hate FIFA's genericness though.

However, even after what I mentioned before, I don't hate the idea. It can possibly add more sales (however small it can be), this year their World Cup happens so it adds appeal and it could be an interesting change of pace, I might find it fun playing with those teams against my brother who we always try to play with several teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #62
Rookie

Lots of classy people on OS. My daughter will be jacked...the womens game is a lot more aggressive than any men soccer league.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #63
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom zoom
I think it is great. You should have seen the look of joy in my daughter's face. Soccer is the only sport she sort of follows, an she doesn't play sports games. Her immediate reaction was that we have to buy the game.

It went from a game I was going to wait for EA Access to a Day One purchase with the Women's Teams. I just wish they had every World Cup team in the game.

I'm pretty embarrassed for some of the guys posting in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHoosier40
This is great! My daughter will love being able to play with the US women's team now.
just remember that there is the other side of that coin...

my daughter who plays soccer and is a big gamer, when told that FIFA will have women's teams had this response...

her: meh
me: you don't think it'll be fun?
her: are they as good as the boys?
me: well not really but sorta. (I'm lying here...)
her: meh, I don't care. I'll stick with Minecraft.

to be fair, she only passingly plays FIFA but only likes Real Madrid(cause of me) and CR7.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:25 PM   #64
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Lots of classy people on OS. My daughter will be jacked...the womens game is a lot more aggressive than any men soccer league.
I find it hard to believe that you honestly think that women's soccer is more aggressive than men's soccer. Glad you and your daughter are happy for the addition to FIFA 16 but please save the BS for someone who never watched men's or women's soccer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »