Home

FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2015, 08:48 AM   #41
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
A new gameplay video. Non-english.
https://youtu.be/FeJzu2DmHPE

Am I the only person who is worried? Maybe it's because I mostly play FUT but all I saw was potential things that could ruin the game (for FUT).

Yeah, the defensive improvements are impressive. Nice to see the giant defensive AI boost. But...

1. The whipped in crosses they added in. They look way too accurate. The people playing weren't good enough to abuse it but I can see sprinting down the wing and whipping it along the ground behind the defense to a 90+ pace striker being a spammed thing online. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to Fifa 14 again.

2. The slide tackle feature they added where you can immediately get up after a slide tackle removing any risk out of performing one. One of my biggest gripes with online play is people spamming slide tackles because the refs never give yellows and slide tackles home in on the ball, no matter how bad your slide tackle was.

3. Headers look OP again. Most of the corners in the two videos resulted in goals or headed chances on goal.

4. I don't believe for a second they have fixed pace abuse as it's been a problem in every single modern Fifa, despite them claiming to have fixed it every year.

5. The new passing (driven passes) look to be the most broken thing of all. The laser guided passes that you can now do though the defense. There doesn't seem to be any inaccuracy with them.

All of these I predict will be problems with the demo build.
You have to remember these videos were captured with all of the cheats, er, hand holding, I mean, assisted passing/shooting. So yeah, they are too accurate, change to manual and it's a different story. As Matt said, lower the pass speed a tick and we could have some magic here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
A new gameplay video. Non-english.
https://youtu.be/FeJzu2DmHPE

Am I the only person who is worried? Maybe it's because I mostly play FUT but all I saw was potential things that could ruin the game (for FUT).

Yeah, the defensive improvements are impressive. Nice to see the giant defensive AI boost. But...

1. The whipped in crosses they added in. They look way too accurate. The people playing weren't good enough to abuse it but I can see sprinting down the wing and whipping it along the ground behind the defense to a 90+ pace striker being a spammed thing online. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to Fifa 14 again.

2. The slide tackle feature they added where you can immediately get up after a slide tackle removing any risk out of performing one. One of my biggest gripes with online play is people spamming slide tackles because the refs never give yellows and slide tackles home in on the ball, no matter how bad your slide tackle was.

3. Headers look OP again. Most of the corners in the two videos resulted in goals or headed chances on goal.

4. I don't believe for a second they have fixed pace abuse as it's been a problem in every single modern Fifa, despite them claiming to have fixed it every year.

5. The new passing (driven passes) look to be the most broken thing of all. The laser guided passes that you can now do though the defense. There doesn't seem to be any inaccuracy with them.

All of these I predict will be problems with the demo build.
The video is Fifa 15 gameplay, he's only talking about Fifa 16, notice Barcelona don't have their new kits

Last edited by Yuss; 08-07-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #43
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

WOW. The defense actually covers people and don't just sprint back to the top of the box. and spread wide. This looks really good.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #44
Rookie

New FIFA 16 gameplay in 4 minutes guys...

http://www.twitch.tv/EA
Old 08-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #45
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
The video is Fifa 15 gameplay, he's only talking about Fifa 16, notice Barcelona don't have their new kits
Yeah, the ad-boards say Fifa 15 as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #46
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
The defense looks so much better, but it still looks like you can sprint down the field with little contest. The midfield still isn't as good as PES'. Space is great but I'm still not a fan of the player movement and dribbling. PES just won best sports game at Gamescom, but I'll give FIFA a shot with the demo.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #47
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Remember guys when watching these player v player videos....

The human controlled player is out of position 95% of the time. This is going to cause a breakdown in the defense somewhere else.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:57 PM   #48
Banned

I am really looking forward to FIFA 16. I only play career mode in 15. There are too many cheats online and just about everyone always plays as the same top teams.
If you want a real challenge then start your career in the English league 2( bottom league) and play on legendary level. The game is truly brilliant when it's played like this. I hope 16 carries on where 15 leaves off. The game is so much easier when you play as top teams. I'm not into the trick moves or anything like that. Real football isn't played in that way. FIFA lets you play the game however you want. I play out and out attacking football with plenty of shots. I don't go for fancy stuff or try and walk the ball in the net all of the time. Why make ten passes when one will do?
FIFA 16 looks really good. I only bought my ps4 for FIFA 15 and I'm still engrossed in it. I don't see the point of making it easy it must be a challenge. I've had some truly superb matches. Playing through the leagues from the bottom is hard but extremely rewarding. I got Burton Albion from league 2 to the Championship but just couldn't get them into the premiership so I moved on to Ross County.
I love the FIFA series and have been playing ever since the first game on the mega drive. Marvellous games and great value. Roll on 16

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »