Home

FIFA release date is getting frustrating

This is a discussion on FIFA release date is getting frustrating within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #17
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA release date is getting frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I think I know the REAL reason why it doesn't come around now or the end of the Month. The Champions League. Right now on Fox Sports 1 is the Playoff Round 1 game between Man U and Club Brugge. In MM when you start there is no playoff round in the "Champions Cup". There are no matches until around October when the Group Stages start.
The good game though is going to be Lazio vs Bayer Leverkusen. Its why I love Fox Soccer 2 go. I get to watch every game in the Champions League on demand or live. Same with Bundesliga and Scottish Premiership. And all CONCACAF games too. Its pretty nice for $20/m.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:43 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
The good game though is going to be Lazio vs Bayer Leverkusen. Its why I love Fox Soccer 2 go. I get to watch every game in the Champions League on demand or live. Same with Bundesliga and Scottish Premiership. And all CONCACAF games too. Its pretty nice for $20/m.
I am just happy that I actually get to watch some Bundesliga this year. I will take what I am getting on FS1 and FS2. If I miss games I miss games. Pretty the only teams I am going to watch are Bayern and Dortmund. #Bandwagonfollower.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #19
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
I am just happy that I actually get to watch some Bundesliga this year. I will take what I am getting on FS1 and FS2. If I miss games I miss games. Pretty the only teams I am going to watch are Bayern and Dortmund. #Bandwagonfollower.
Ya its nice that Fox sports is picking up some leagues and showing them on TV. I just wish they had the EPL for the US and not NBC.

EDIT: And I take that back. I did not expect Brugge to have this start.
EDIT2: Well, they started good, but didn't do anything really. Its turning into what I expected now.

Last edited by Zac; 08-18-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #20
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycurran62
The Premier league is by far the biggest in the world. It makes the most money and attracts the biggest audiences. English football is also much more attacking than it European counterparts. I'm not saying it's technically the best but it's by far the most entertaining league in the world. In the football world no one really cares about Mls, the Belgian league etc. the big two are premier league the. The Italians. Spanish are third and maybe the Germans are forth.
Our premier league has started already and I've wondered why the game does t come out in the the first week of August. I suspect it's because high summer is a bad time for the game industry. Empirically, the top games never come out until at least September. We don't even get games coming out in December anymore. September to Novemebr are the major months for sales.
EA know FIFA will sell well with a September release. It always has. Didn't it have an October release a few years ago?
Ea are a business and will release the game when it can sell the most. Authenticity is secondary.
you lost credibility with those 2 parts...

the EPL is he most valuable and the most easily connected to with US audiences because of the lack of a language barrier.

it is not the most attacking football, they try by bringing in all the other European players but they are not. the stats don't justify that claim. The Bundesliga has continually been the highest scoring league of the big 4 in Europe with England and Spain being near neck and neck, Serie A falls back behind everyone.

the EPL teams are more about streaking up the wings and meeting in the middle than most other leagues (outside of Arsenal and Chelsea), while most La Liga teams are about possession and technical skill (outside of Real Madrid who are a counter attack/fly up the wing team), and the Bundesliga teams are just flat out german precision and engeneering through and through(although Bayern often goes into the Pep - tiki taka mode). In European play, this bears out even more as the non EPL teams (mainly Spanish) teams dominate the scoring opportunities and dominate the tournaments in general.

as to releasing the game, FIFA isn't an american title. its a global title, they don't have to follow the Madden blue print because they can release when they feel is the best time for rosters and gameplay tuning and still sell 100million globally. I do agree though that it is a tough wait for the game...
Old 08-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #21
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

Quote:
I think I know the REAL reason why it doesn't come around now or the end of the Month. The Champions League. Right now on Fox Sports 1 is the Playoff Round 1 game between Man U and Club Brugge. In MM when you start there is no playoff round in the "Champions Cup". There are no matches until around October when the Group Stages start.
I don't think EA actually accounts for the playoff rounds- last year Napoli, Besikas(sp) and I think one other club were knocked out in the playoffs but still appeared in the draw when you set up a Champions Cup with "real" participants while at least one of the playoff round winners appeared in the Europa League draw. In fact, if Club Brugge were to somehow come back and knock out Man United, i'm fairly certain the game would have United in the Champion Cup draw with Brugge in Europa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #22
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
you lost credibility with those 2 parts...

the EPL is he most valuable and the most easily connected to with US audiences because of the lack of a language barrier.

it is not the most attacking football, they try by bringing in all the other European players but they are not. the stats don't justify that claim. The Bundesliga has continually been the highest scoring league of the big 4 in Europe with England and Spain being near neck and neck, Serie A falls back behind everyone.

the EPL teams are more about streaking up the wings and meeting in the middle than most other leagues (outside of Arsenal and Chelsea), while most La Liga teams are about possession and technical skill (outside of Real Madrid who are a counter attack/fly up the wing team), and the Bundesliga teams are just flat out german precision and engeneering through and through(although Bayern often goes into the Pep - tiki taka mode). In European play, this bears out even more as the non EPL teams (mainly Spanish) teams dominate the scoring opportunities and dominate the tournaments in general.

as to releasing the game, FIFA isn't an american title. its a global title, they don't have to follow the Madden blue print because they can release when they feel is the best time for rosters and gameplay tuning and still sell 100million globally. I do agree though that it is a tough wait for the game...
I definitely wouldn't say that Spanish teams 'dominate European football'. It seems like that because Real Madrid and Barcelona seem to be elevated by the media somewhat, but since 2005 when Liverpool won the Champions League, Arsenal were in a final, Man United won it once and reached two other finals, Liverpool reached a second final while Chelsea lost one and won one. The Premier League has had a very good record in this competition.

Real Madrid have only won it once since 2002, and yes, Barcelona have won it 3 times or so but in total England have had more finalists than Spain or Germany or Italy over the last 10 years.

Teams like Stoke, West Ham, Everton, Tottenham, Southampton and Palace would beat their continental equivalents I'm sure. The strength in depth of the Premier League is second to none. In fact the quality in our Championship is also very high, and would give lower La Liga or Serie A teams some trouble.

On topic though, I guess they release it later because they have to wait for all the new kits. Man United for instance only launched theirs on the 1st of this month. Also they've only had 3 months or so to work on the Premier League's promoted teams' stadia.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

Last edited by woody2goody; 08-19-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #23
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

You can't compare the NHL to FIFA because the NHL doesn't have transfer windows but more so a trade deadline which is usually February or early March . It's all to get the teams as up to date as possible when the game is released and its probably for offline players more so who don't have their consoles hooked up via wifi. It's a good option to have for those gamers to have the game release a little later on in September
Old 08-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #24
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I definitely wouldn't say that Spanish teams 'dominate European football'. It seems like that because Real Madrid and Barcelona seem to be elevated by the media somewhat, but since 2005 when Liverpool won the Champions League, Arsenal were in a final, Man United won it once and reached two other finals, Liverpool reached a second final while Chelsea lost one and won one. The Premier League has had a very good record in this competition.

Real Madrid have only won it once since 2002, and yes, Barcelona have won it 3 times or so but in total England have had more finalists than Spain or Germany or Italy over the last 10 years.

Teams like Stoke, West Ham, Everton, Tottenham, Southampton and Palace would beat their continental equivalents I'm sure. The strength in depth of the Premier League is second to none. In fact the quality in our Championship is also very high, and would give lower La Liga or Serie A teams some trouble.

On topic though, I guess they release it later because they have to wait for all the new kits. Man United for instance only launched theirs on the 1st of this month. Also they've only had 3 months or so to work on the Premier League's promoted teams' stadia.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk
2010 EL - Atletico 2 Fulham 1
2011 EL - Porto 1 Braga 0
2012 EL - Atletico 3 - Bilbao 0
2013 EL - Benfica 1 - Chelsea 2
2014 EL - Benfica 0 Sevilla 0(PK)
2015 EL - Sevilla 3 Dnipro 2

2010 CL - Inter 2 Bayern 0
2011 CL - Barca 3 Man U 1
2012 CL - Bayern 1 - Chelsea 1(PK)
2013 CL - Bayern 2 - Dortmund 1
2014 CL - Real 4 - Atletico 1