Home

Hope I pick the right game

This is a discussion on Hope I pick the right game within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 05:13 AM   #9
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hope I pick the right game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Where is your basis of any of this coming from?

Can we even get close to recommending either game yet? We should all know that the demo of either game never truly reflect what the full game will be.
Personal experience from playing FIFA 15 for over almost a year whilst tweaking almost everything to make a teams play different from another. That's why I still prefer FIFA 14 to this day. FIFA 14 was the last FIFA game where I felt difference between teams. I am planning to get PES 2016 for PS4 and FIFA 16 for PC.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #10
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

I am definitely an offline player but as much as i would love to say it is all about the game on the field...i found out that the licenses and recognizable players do end up mattering to me.

I'm not a huge MLS guy but when i got fifa 14 i enjoyed starting there and working up the coaching latter. Plus...just having USA players in the game for the national team...etc was something i really missed in PES 15.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #11
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I played both FIFA 15 & PES 15 and found myself coming back to FIFA. As much as I tried to convince myself that gameplay is all that matters, it doesn't. While the first few games of PES always feel great, the lack of presentation and okay graphics kill the immersion factor. It eventually leaves me bored.

It's not like FIFA's gameplay is that far behind PES. I think if FIFA would properly add fatigue, it would change how matches play out and much subs & depth a more important factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #12
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

I could never get into PES15 either...never played FIFA 15.

I put so much time into editing jerseys...etc in PES but had trouble getting around the lack of players and licenses. Even on the field the game never held my attention.

The PES demo is fun and maybe the updates to master league will be worthwhile but I'm pretty sure it will be FIFA for me unless the demo is bad
Old 08-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #13
Pro

Well, after the big mistake of getting PES 15 based only on the demo impressions that I had back then, I wonīt buy it this time. Probably wonīt buy Fifa 16, unless I read on forums that the pace is lowered and the defensive system is closer to Fifa 14.
I recently found Fifa 14 and fell in love with it. If 2016 proves to be bad for soccer gaming, then Iīll stick with Fifa 14.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #14
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

I actually just broke out FIFA 14 for PS3 too. I had played that game for so long and still enjoy it. I forgot how much worse the graphics are then the PS4! The passing and movement are not as smooth as PES but it is also a year behind PES 15 that I have...plus on an old-gen system.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #15
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
I am definitely an offline player but as much as i would love to say it is all about the game on the field...i found out that the licenses and recognizable players do end up mattering to me.

I'm not a huge MLS guy but when i got fifa 14 i enjoyed starting there and working up the coaching latter. Plus...just having USA players in the game for the national team...etc was something i really missed in PES 15.
Not to knock on you, but recognizable players and licenses matter to you, but not accurate rosters? Last I checked, my fifa 14 didnt get updated rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
Not to knock on you, but recognizable players and licenses matter to you, but not accurate rosters? Last I checked, my fifa 14 didnt get updated rosters.
During its cycle I do believe their were weekly roster updates. Today? No, FIFA 14 won't update. Unless you do it manually and create/delete players.

Thinking he broke it out because FIFA 15 is absolutely garbage and 14 was the closest thing (specially on next gen) to a sim like game.

http://sofifa.com/players?hl=en-GB&v=14&e=157760

And unless sofifa is lying to me, those were the updates for every week during that cycle. Balotelli was once upon a time an 84 as a 22 year old!!! What in the world, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »