Home

YA glitch twitter campaign

This is a discussion on YA glitch twitter campaign within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 02:19 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: YA glitch twitter campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Surprisingly enough it's actually pretty easy to act like an adult while still telling the truth.

You won't here a word from me if you want to criticize and do it the right way. Repeating myself which I really feel I shouldn't have to do, calling someone incompetent isn't going about it the right way.
How would you describe someone that has overseen a career mode over the past few years that is as poor as the one currently found in the FIFA series? It's called a career mode, yet there is no career statstics, an absolute basic requirement of any proper career mode. And he has had multiple years to implement this. I believe calling him incompetent is very accurate and not at all uncalled for. If I oversaw a project at work and missed something this blatant I would be called worse.... These devs get paid large sums to do a dream job and they need to be held accountable
Old 09-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #10
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
How would you describe someone that has overseen a career mode over the past few years that is as poor as the one currently found in the FIFA series? It's called a career mode, yet there is no career statstics, an absolute basic requirement of any proper career mode. And he has had multiple years to implement this. I believe calling him incompetent is very accurate and not at all uncalled for. If I oversaw a project at work and missed something this blatant I would be called worse.... These devs get paid large sums to do a dream job and they need to be held accountable
You have every ability to hold them accountable. Don't buy the game. This isn't an elected representative whose government takes your tax money without you having a say. If the return on your financial investment is adequate enough for you to buy the game, do so. If not, don't. It's really that simple.

If a restaurant served crappy steak for $60 a plate, I wouldn't eat there. I'd never complain about the steak, because it's not worth me buying.

I never understood complaining about a lack of features when you have every ability to not be involved.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
You have every ability to hold them accountable. Don't buy the game. This isn't an elected representative whose government takes your tax money without you having a say. If the return on your financial investment is adequate enough for you to buy the game, do so. If not, don't. It's really that simple.

If a restaurant served crappy steak for $60 a plate, I wouldn't eat there. I'd never complain about the steak, because it's not worth me buying.

I never understood complaining about a lack of features when you have every ability to not be involved.
Tough to do when you love steak and it's the only place in town.... Then all you have is to complain until the place improves or another place opens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #12
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I often wonder if people would use words like "incompetent", "embarrassing", etc, if they were sitting in person, face to face, with one of these devs.

Think about if someone (who most likely is in a completely different field of work) walked into your job, and started bashing you on a project you worked REALLY hard on. A project with real world constraints like budgets, timelines, etc. They're yelling, calling you incompetent, and saying that your project was embarrassing. Would you take that person seriously?

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I often wonder if people would use words like "incompetent", "embarrassing", etc, if they were sitting in person, face to face, with one of these devs.

Think about if someone (who most likely is in a completely different field of work) walked into your job, and started bashing you on a project you worked REALLY hard on. A project with real world constraints like budgets, timelines, etc. They're yelling, calling you incompetent, and saying that your project was embarrassing. Would you take that person seriously?
You must have never worked in the customer service field or in a customer based organization.....
Old 09-09-2015, 02:28 PM   #14
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
You must have never worked in the customer service field or in a customer based organization.....
Worked retail all throughout high school and college. Believe it or not, there are ways to express dissatisfaction in a product without insulting someone and acting like a child.

But, it's clear that you don't think you're in the wrong, so I'm just going to bow out of this discussion.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 09-09-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Worked retail all throughout high school and college. Believe it or not, there are ways to express dissatisfaction in a product without insulting someone and acting like a child.

But, it's clear that you don't think you're in the wrong, so I'm just going to bow out of this discussion.
I think chastising someone for name calling and then calling them a child is very ironic so it's probably better you bow out before embarrassing yourself further.

I am for accountability and presenting facts to back it up which I did in my original post. Look up the definition of incompetent and then look at the last few years of this career mode and you will see an accurate description.

Last edited by skillzlikewhoa12; 09-09-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can we get back to the point of this topic? I've been checking every day for news on if YA is fixed yet. They aren't talking about it...nobody seems to be asking about it and nobody that has played it early seems to care. I just want to know if this is fixed and it seems like two weeks from release it should be easy to get a yes or no answer...

I've never called the developers names or flamed them but their attitude of silence and not answering fans or fixing legacy issues like this is frustrating. I think a lot of us would just like some honesty from the developers and you would see a lot less of the anger expressed by the people who derailed the original purpose of this topic. If a developer just came out and told us why things like this don't get fixed we would be so much more willing to listen. Instead they just ignore us and it gives the impression that they just don't have any good answers and they just don't care.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »