Home

FIFA 16 Gameplay — User vs AI

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Gameplay — User vs AI within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #9
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: FIFA 16 Gameplay — User vs AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Don't worry about the fouls. Once you go below WC, the CPU defenders lose their aggressiveness, always have. I've seen and heard enough from those who've played the game against the CPU that fouls are at worst the same and at best mildly more prevalent.
All I hope for. The fouls last year changed the game for me.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I think fouls will still be there. FIFA has good recognition in terms of collision, but what has lacked is the actual aggression that is required to create the foul. I think the interception factor on WC/Legendary should take the foul tally up. Another thing is the pass speed is way too high still. This is why there looks to be little midfield play, the ball is zipped at such an unrealistic speed, followed by unrealistic trapping at that speed.

It's very promising though, pass speed and run frequency will be my main looks so far
Old 09-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

I only play offline in as manager in Career Mode. I am on legendary level and oh boy it's tough. The AI is superb at times and the goalies are simply incredible. Some games I play are truly amazing and are just end to end. Yes some are one sided. There are inconsistencies and spikes in computer level. Overall the AI is excellent. I play a very clean game and so does the computer. There are some dodgy penalty decisions that need cleaning up and way too many offsides at times.
I find the biggest spikes are in the cup competitions. I only play English leagues and the cups are hard to win.
There are irritations with the game, but that's normal with video games. AI scripting is a problem with teams playing in added time until they score. Then the whistle goes. Very poor and unnecessary. For me the biggest gripe is with scripting. You can change it but when the computer decides it's definitely going going to score it's extremely hard to stop on legendary level. Ea have been doing this so as long as I can remember and I'm not sure why
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #12
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Okay EA, from the looks of it you have put together a pretty solid game this year. I really enjoyed how the AI actually used the midfield and built up pace rather than all out sprints to the box. With that said PLEASE do not listen to Ultimate team fanboys, who will probably complain how slow the game is and how there isn't enough scoring opportunities, and leave this game how it is!
Old 09-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #13
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I also hope tactics work like they should this year, but I liked what I saw from that video.
Man, if custom tactics worked in 15, I could play it for years. And I was just trying yesterday to see if I could make them work, haha. Still haven't entirely given up.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #14
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Man, if custom tactics worked in 15, I could play it for years. And I was just trying yesterday to see if I could make them work, haha. Still haven't entirely given up.
Save us! SAVE US ALL!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #15
Rookie

I wish I could share the optimism. I hope I'm wrong, but Fifa always does a great job of looking good over a small sample size. Hell, in CM with the community sliders 15 plays pretty well for about half a season. It's the further you go that the warts really start showing. Am I the only one that can envision the CPU going ping pong crazy in the midfield followed by a pristine through ball for the goal on Legendary?

To me, there is a reason EA never tout the strategic and tactical aspect of their football games. It's all about the individual play, flair, and "moments of magic", that is because they know that most people who buy their game could care less about realism and more about feeling like Ronaldo on Adderall. That's who butters their bread, it's the same reason FPS games are just dumbed down twitch fests now. Again, I really hope I'm wrong and I want to believe but it's hard...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 02:11 AM   #16

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Aside from the fact that that guy kinda plays like an idiot/a-hole, it looks okay. Anything would be better than playing against a CPU that only attacks down the middle with short passes and ground through-balls, like last year. Crosses and longballs would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »