Home

FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 02:16 AM   #25
Rookie

kaptainkev562's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

Gameplay is great but why is protect the ball not working ? Anyone else experiencing having trouble protecting the ball with L2 ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 03:04 AM   #26
Rookie

TX117's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Lackluster, how?
It just feels very soft and 'empty' (for lack of better word). Close range shots.. i was just trying to bang them in but they'll always do this slower finesse like shot and i just don't like it.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:39 AM   #27
Rookie

FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
The slow down actually hurts the game because now it's even harder for players to differentiate themselves.

Every player feels the same and every team plays the same. CPU rarely uses skills moves or uses creative ways to attack.

I can't seem to understand no touch dribbling and the fact that they mo capped Messi and he moves nothing like himself is embarrassing. In PES Neymar moves and shoots like he does in RL.

With that being said, I think the greatest addition to the game was improved defense. Interceptions are great, passing is rewarding as you can not longer just pass it forwArd

I've seen AI playing the ball back which is good but for some weird reason they refuse to pass it back to the keeper. In many instances I had the CBs surrounded but they either clear the ball away or lost possession rather than passing to the keep. It's not a big problem but it's annoying that you know they'll never pass it to the keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually do pass it to the keeper this year. Happens to me almost every game. I had one in which they passed back 3 straight times when pressuring the defenders.

On another side, this game must be played with broadcast cam, a totally different experience that takes advantage of it's superb graphics and animations.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2015, 06:49 AM   #28
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX117
It just feels very soft and 'empty' (for lack of better word). Close range shots.. i was just trying to bang them in but they'll always do this slower finesse like shot and i just don't like it.
I agree with this. I noticed it right away. However, sometimes I can get off good shots. It is weird.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:22 AM   #29
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I agree with this. I noticed it right away. However, sometimes I can get off good shots. It is weird.
Same here.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:10 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Are you guys using assisted shooting, or manual? I think FIFA's shooting is one of the best around (especially with shot power at 48, shot error at 55 and GK at 40).

See my previous streams with those settings:

Old 09-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Are you guys using assisted shooting, or manual? I think FIFA's shooting is one of the best around (especially with shot power at 48, shot error at 55 and GK at 40).

See my previous streams with those settings:

Looked pretty good Matt. Much better than 15. Still a little too much ping pong by the cpu, and it still becomes impossible to disposses when it decides you're not getting the ball, no matter how well you time your challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #32
Pro

Two HUGE improvements over last game I can see already:

1- crossing has finally been balanced more. In 15 it was nerfed to be all but useless; unless you got the perfect situation the defender had the advantage every time. This time around I actually feel like I can get goals or at least decent hits on the ball.

2- second chance efforts off rebounds has also been improved. In 15 it seemed like rebound goals or even second chance efforts were impossible, as the CPU always seemed to be in the right position for a clearance. Now it feels way more balanced

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »