Home

FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 11:16 AM   #33
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

I have played a handful of matches and while 16 does seem better than 15, after playing PES FIFA does not feel right. The player models, ball movement and pace of PES, IMO, make FIFA feel to arcady and unenjoyable now.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #34
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey matt I tried your settings last night that I saw you post at pro evo and it played good.. the only thing is I had a hard time getting pass defenders I noticed.. . but specifically I liked playing on Semi shooting and passing in using your controls

I thought it was good.. I think FIFA plays pretty good enough in the demo even on default speed and professional and assisted controls..

I really don't see any problems with shooting in FIFA except the auto finesse shot sometimes.. but other than that i think it's fine compared to PES basic shooting which needs to be patched imo.. In PES you are forced to play with manual shooting which is great imo or else your going to score goals like crazy this year until it's patched. I don't see any glaring issues with the shooting in FIFA to be honest except for the auto finesse shot but I don't think that is that big of an issue hurting the gameplay.

today after I get done watching the United vs Liverpool match I will try your settings again.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #35
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

The shooting to me seems fine. But I rarely get really close shots to riffle home unless on a first touch which always seem work. Finesse shooting occurs after a touch or two. So, somehow the way I play I just hardly never see it happen.

I have found the player does affect this. For example in the women's game Morgan will rocket the ball home (especially if play it to her left foot) while Holiday tends to soft touch or finesse the ball. Which in this case is pretty accurate to how they score. Of course situation can change this an odd height volley by Morgan may be just a fairly soft redirect into the net. IDK it just seems fine but admittedly better in the women's teams.

I will say this is a typical gaming thing. If used to FIFA shooting one will see less issue. If used to PES then yep it is different. The auto finesse, never has cost me a goal and in my opinion only happens in appropriate situations. But fairly I just do not see it that often. We should have an option to blast the ball low and hard. It happens for me sometimes but I do not consistantly do it or know what exactly keeps it low..

L1 does what it did in 15 but there is a catch
To trap or stop the ball and face the goal one still uses L1 on PS4. The catch is you can not be using the left or right stick as these activate dribble feints.

Last edited by SpritePuck; 09-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #36
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
I have played a handful of matches and while 16 does seem better than 15, after playing PES FIFA does not feel right. The player models, ball movement and pace of PES, IMO, make FIFA feel to arcady and unenjoyable now.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Strangely this happens to me but oddly it also in some elements is the opposite. The pace of PES I like. The shooting animations run me nuts and seem off. The players also look too stocky or something. IDK it is odd but when I jump back and forth a lot, I kinda stop liking either one. Sometimes PES player positioning seems awesome other times it seems FIFA is better. Camera wise FIFA is for me better. Tactics wise PES gives me better results for the way I play. But the issue in that is it gets predictable and I can do the same build up over and over like robotic. Both are awesome this year but fairly both have some misses. I would not say FIFA feels more arcade like. My brother says it does though and I have a theory that individual play style changes which or if either feel more arcade. On low difficulties they both seem arcade.

Passing in one in my opinion is far superior to the other and that in the end will be what makes me play it more.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #37
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX117
It just feels very soft and 'empty' (for lack of better word). Close range shots.. i was just trying to bang them in but they'll always do this slower finesse like shot and i just don't like it.
I agree, shooting does feel a bit off. That's not to say that sometimes it's not awesome, because for the most part I think it's great, but sometimes it doesn't feel quite right.

But I wouldn't worry too much - quite a few people who've played the final code have specifically singled out shooting as one of the things improved in the retail code.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Am I the only one who felt like the demo on normal speed was way faster than FIFA 15?
Had to lower it to slow so the game felt somewhat realistic, now if the retail is gonna be even faster, i'm not too excited about this

Old 09-13-2015, 12:31 AM   #39
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

played a few games with the demo, overall i'd have to say it feels a lot more smoother, players seem to animate more like humans, but doesn't feel like a large upgrade over FIFA 15.

At this point of time, i feel they may have balanced out the difficulties between Pro and World Class, as I felt World Class was so over powered in previous games, yet Pro was just too easy.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
Hey matt I tried your settings last night that I saw you post at pro evo and it played good.. the only thing is I had a hard time getting pass defenders I noticed.. . but specifically I liked playing on Semi shooting and passing in using your controls

I thought it was good.. I think FIFA plays pretty good enough in the demo even on default speed and professional and assisted controls..

I really don't see any problems with shooting in FIFA except the auto finesse shot sometimes.. but other than that i think it's fine compared to PES basic shooting which needs to be patched imo.. In PES you are forced to play with manual shooting which is great imo or else your going to score goals like crazy this year until it's patched. I don't see any glaring issues with the shooting in FIFA to be honest except for the auto finesse shot but I don't think that is that big of an issue hurting the gameplay.

today after I get done watching the United vs Liverpool match I will try your settings again.
Do you mean on Evo-Web? I hadn't posted any sliders for 16 (that I know of) yet. The ones I did post are from my stream session on the OS Sliders for 15 thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...postcount=3644

I'm so ready for the full game now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »