Home

FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

Hey Matt. Looking forward to your sliders. I found the demo fun, a little hard to defend coming from pes. The AI just passed ping pong balls with me running around to catch it. Still getting pes first but hopefully with good sliders fifa will be great. I hope that the final game there are differences of playing styles of the teams. So far it seems all the teams play similar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #42
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

so on world class ive juiced up the cpu passing error to 75, improved my marking to 55 and lowered CPU to 45. seems to play very tight and may be the right mix so far.

who knows how the retail will be though
Old 09-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #43
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

ya spoke to soon. world class is just insanely too hard right now compared to pro. tiki taka nonsense.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #44
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
ya spoke to soon. world class is just insanely too hard right now compared to pro. tiki taka nonsense.
Like I said, definitely not a day one purchase. Game is going to take some slider work but should be able to get it to a good place eventually. Passing is a definite issue. Also my big issue is the lack of players making runs on offense. Watch Tottenham goal from today, I don't think that could be done in FIFA right now but I love that kind of stuff. Anyway not trying to be totally negative, the ball physics and shooting and little presentation touches are amazing!

Old 09-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #45
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Just a thought (mostly because my teammates make a lot of forward runs). In player instructions you have in most positions two rows of instructions. You need to tell your lads or lasses to get forward, into the box, make runs and the like. I was messed up at first because there are way more options of instructions this year. So, for example if you tell a wing player to make runs past the defense but do not tell him or her to get into the box on crosses they behave funny. You basically have given them almost conflicting instructions.

I am shocked at how much tactics and instructions change things on the pitch this year. In the past it never made this kind of difference. But it really impacts things now. Once the game is here and I do not have to set it each match, I imagine this will be a game changer for me and make the game the most enjoyable yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Bout to stream some demo with the sliders from here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...postcount=3644

Old 09-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #47
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
Like I said, definitely not a day one purchase. Game is going to take some slider work but should be able to get it to a good place eventually. Passing is a definite issue. Also my big issue is the lack of players making runs on offense. Watch Tottenham goal from today, I don't think that could be done in FIFA right now but I love that kind of stuff. Anyway not trying to be totally negative, the ball physics and shooting and little presentation touches are amazing!

I get what you are saying but I don't think that goal is the best example as Tottenham are pretty much in All Out attack there pushing for a goal in the 80th minute; in FIFA the CPU will attempt to do something similar as well. But I have been trying to test it specifically with Man City to have Yaya make runs in the box and it does work when setting him to Get Forward, even when he is set as a DMF. The issue is trying to get them to make runs by the defence more often, I am seeing them but not as much as I would like even with instructions set. But at this point we just have to wait 9 days to release and we can really test everything properly.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #48
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I get what you are saying but I don't think that goal is the best example as Tottenham are pretty much in All Out attack there pushing for a goal in the 80th minute; in FIFA the CPU will attempt to do something similar as well. But I have been trying to test it specifically with Man City to have Yaya make runs in the box and it does work when setting him to Get Forward, even when he is set as a DMF. The issue is trying to get them to make runs by the defence more often, I am seeing them but not as much as I would like even with instructions set. But at this point we just have to wait 9 days to release and we can really test everything properly.
Yeah that might help, but I have never got that kind of crisp passing out of fifa. I might just suck though, haha.

p.s. I know they wanted the goal but that was just beautiful passing not necessarily all out attack. Looks like they had 3 guys in the final 3rd, maybe 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »