Home

NCAA Forces EA Sports To Remove 13 Women From FIFA 16 Because, Uh, Rules?

This is a discussion on NCAA Forces EA Sports To Remove 13 Women From FIFA 16 Because, Uh, Rules? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 31
I think we will see this story on a future John Oliver - Last Week Tonight Episode as an update the dips that is the NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #26
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Forces EA Sports To Remove 13 Women From FIFA 16 Because, Uh, Rules?

EA should have left them in.

The NCAA could have attempted to make them ineligable but in court the girls woulda won. The rules are clear that an athlete representing their nation can appear in advertisements and anything related to their National team or individual representation. What they can not do is profit financially (which they are not) and appear in their college gear (which they were not)!

However, BS to that one can not profit (not that EA was paying them). You telling me Maroney and Rogers do not make anything off all those Adidas adds? They are both NCAA gymnasts these days and were in tons of adds, including NBC Sports and Addidas.

Quite honestly the NCAA does nothing but screw over college athletes and this is an example of it. This does not hurt EA Sports. It does mean these young women who have worked their whole lives to be on the National team are now not able to get recognition. Kinda flat out kills Canada and Mexico's rosters.

Absolutely why the rest of the world is wiser doing club sports instead of college athletics. The student athletes are used and gain nothing but if even get a little recognition the NCAA freaks out.

Everyone should write the NCAA a harsh letter. I will and do not care that in less than two years will be an athlete under their law. They are criminals not the young people playing sports and trying to get an education.

The NCAA can go sit on sharp rusty nails, the dirty non ethical creeps!

Last edited by SpritePuck; 09-17-2015 at 05:56 PM. Reason: to get nicer language
Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #27
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLVCKHIPPY
This actually disappoints me man I went to school with one of those girls it wouldve been so sick to see her in the game
Same.

There's a girl who goes to my alma mater and she's on the England national team. She's only a Junior but she's a beast. I expect her to be taken out of the game soon.

Was really looking forward to using her.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:12 PM   #28
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
What pure Bulls#*t
Old 09-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #29
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Who on the England side is at University in the states and a current or pending student athlete?

If she graduated last May the NCAA has no say.

The World Cup English roster did not have any NCAA athletes on it. Unless England's National team site is just poorly updated.

Last edited by SpritePuck; 09-17-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #30
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

After playing FIFA16's demo, was finally considering buying an EA soccer game. Hearing this news definitely crosses off FIFA16. Loved the woman's portion of FIFA16.

No soccer for me.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #31
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

It should be noted that EA Sports is disputing this. They removed them to protect the athletes eligability but they do not agree with the NCAA.

Also they replaced them with authentic players lower on depth charts. Not generic athletes but members on the National teams just lower on the depth charts.

All of this can be found by googling the topic. Polygon has probs the best article but yahoo and pretty much everyone in gaming has an article on it, and even ESPN.

http://www.ea.com/news/womens-nation...-player-update
The EA anouncement.

Last edited by SpritePuck; 09-17-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #32
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
It should be noted that EA Sports is diputing this and going to fight it. They removed them to protect the athletes eligability but they do not agree with the NCAA.

Also they replaced them with authentic players lower on depth charts. Not generic athletes but memebers on the National teams just lower on the depth charts.

All of this can be found by googling the topic. Polygon has probs the best article but yahoo and pretty much everyone in gaming has an article on it.
Good. Unfortunately no soccer for me until it gets sorted out.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »