Home

Player Movement

This is a discussion on Player Movement within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Player Movement

Is anyone else having issues with making the player move in the direction you want? What I mean by this is that it seems like when I press exactly right on the left joystick the player actually runs more to the right than straight. I mean it could be my controller but who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 12:24 AM   #2
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Player Movement

PS4? I had a very similar issue with FIFA 14, and in the end it was the crappy build quality of the PS4 controller. The stick developed a deadzone in the same area you describe, and apparently was a known to develop issue with a lot of launch controllers.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
PS4? I had a very similar issue with FIFA 14, and in the end it was the crappy build quality of the PS4 controller. The stick developed a deadzone in the same area you describe, and apparently was a known to develop issue with a lot of launch controllers.
dang, mine's a launch day controller. noticed something odd while playing a few games so I went into the skills trainer and I dd the sprint dill. When I would press the left stick towards the 3 o'clock position the arrow would point down more towards the 4 or 5 o'clock position and visa versa when I press the stick back towards 9 o'clock. Guess it's time for a new controller?

Last edited by JayD; 09-23-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I have a launch day controller, too and there is barely any rubber left on the left stick. I blame FIFA 15. Lol! If I wasn't such a cheapskate, I'd have bought a new one by now.
#WeAreND
Old 09-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #5
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I have a launch day controller, too and there is barely any rubber left on the left stick. I blame FIFA 15. Lol! If I wasn't such a cheapskate, I'd have bought a new one by now.
The DS4 is just cheaply made. The rubber on those sticks is shoddily glued on and is very thin. And putting all that pressure on it from FIFA 15 is probably what causes dead spots, lol.

I've gone through three controllers since launch. Actually just ordered my fourth the other day. I've even tried getting the grip covers to help, but those don't stay on with the rubber underneath already missing. Maybe putting those on a fresh controller will make them last longer. Or so I am hoping anyways.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »